I am 52 year old woman with chronic fatigue so dibilitating, I can't do much. I am so tired, I can't think straight. I take generic Adderall, but after 3:00 to 4:00 PM a wave of fatigue comes on and I can barely move. I am 'scattered' most of the time, forgetting important appointments, making commitments and not remembering, losing things, searching for words if I can remember what I am talking about. I am totally disorganized in my home and in my head. I also have depression, anxiety, and am going through menopause. I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon and both wrists by my thumbs. I am currently receiving cortisone injections in my wrists and have a cast on my right leg from my toes to my knee. I hurt all the time. I seem to be clumsy and lose my balance easily. Not vertigo, just unsteady on my feet. Sometimes I can barely raise my arms above my head. I get overheated too easily. I have Sjogren's Syndrome with such dry eyes, sometimes I can't see. Restasis didn't help. My Shirmer (tears) tests are zero. My mouth gets so dry, my throat sticks to itself when I swallow. If I sit too long, when I get up I feel like I've compressed and have to move slowly till I straighten up. A sleep study showed poor sleep quality, never reaching deep sleep, heart rate dipping down to 30 bpm, tachacardia, brachacardia with no apnea. I had mono about 10 years ago, but current tests are negative. I do feel like I did when I had it though. All of this definitely affects the quality of my life. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but it is under control with levothyroxine. Can anyone relate or comment?

Shelea, Everything you said I have or feel or experience to make a long story short. Drs. think I am crazy and family thinks I am making it up for attention and "friends" just don't get it. I get more understanding from my cats and dogs! Would love to compare notes with you. I am 59 and live in OKC
Shirley

I am a 38 year old female. I have been told I have fibromyalgia. Most doctors don't believe this, now I am not so sure ither. I have many confusing symptoms, if any one has any suggestions about where I can get an answer I would really appreciate it. HERE GOES NOTHING!!! I am extremely frustrated with this. I have tendonitis throughout my whole body, overworking them is most often the case, if you would consider pulling weeds in my garden over working them. I have had pretty much every surgery one can think of. I have even had a hysterectomy. I have had endometriosis. I stand and my toes go to sleep from the 3rd one on down. I can understnad in my shoes, but only if it were too tight. I so tired most of the time, having problems thinking of the right words to use, forgetting my train of thought, or even forget where I put things. My husband calls them blonde moments, the only thing is that it is happening too often lately. I get hurt too easily from my joint hyperextending too much. I don't feel myself lately, I have had depression, and anxiety, but controled with medication. I have heart palpatations a lot, but I don't think it is from anxiety, I am not worried about anything at the time they occur. I have gained alot of weight in the last four years and had severe chronic pain in my lower back said to have been from degenerating arthritis joint disease in the back of the disc in my lower back. I had a proceedure done to burn off the nerve roots because I couldn't sit on anything hard for more than 10 min at the most. My arms have had such severe pain due to tendonitis that surgery helped only for a little while on one of the arms, I can't over use it, or I can't use it, even picking a stack of papers was too heavy, I dropped them. I have been really irratable lately, and talk about making your kids laugh, my nerves are on edge all the time, I jump at the really loud noices. Surprising me, or even scaring me isn't hard to do. I have to use a heat pad alot, and can't use alot of anti-inflammatory medication due to my stomache, I have severe stomache attacts of crippling pain. I did have bells palsy when I was 18, it cleared up mostly but when I am really tired my eyes droop. It is really sad when every one around me comments on how tired I look especially around my eyes. no one knows what to do, no doctor can figure this out. Please any help would be helpful.. All test seem to come back just fine, NOT))))))) hellllooooo, my life is not normal, especially me.

I could write about 200 more paragraphs and sign them from many friends I have in a ProHealth chat. It always amazes me that the same symptoms in the same place with the same Thyroid disorders in the family can be ignored by medical doctors and the patient left to feel like there is no one to help.

In research studies on Chromosome 14 one gene entry is that of Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. Some have it, some don't'. But it would be my guess that someone in your family had it in the past. Studies gave Alpha 1 to twins that had fibromyalgia and it went into remission until they were out of the drug... then it returned. Obtained more, no fribromyalgia. This goes to show you its not in your head.

On both Chrosome 14 and Chromosome 7 are Elastin.... elastase. This wonderful "sounds like" element in our bodies is supposed to work till we die or at least till old age. It appears that if you stretch out at age 14 , you might not be able to stretch back into place properly because this elastin is not working properly. And, What would be in those tendons?

For years Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome CFIDS or ME was said to be "all in our heads." I can assure you I did not give up an $80,000 a year income to live on a small social security check in pain.

When you go into the chat rooms where people are you hear the same old same old all the time: Endometriosis, hysterectomy, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, THYROID *which happens to be right there laying next to Alpha 1 Antitrypsin on Chromosome 14., various neurological disorders such as Schizo., Tourette, Autism, Bipolar, Alzheimers and ADHD...

Its a package folks.... an underlying genetic package that is being kept quiet until researches make fortunes and our lives have been turned upside down and inside out.....with severe pains and fatigues.

It may be in your head, but my theory is that the connections in our heads were not made properly when we were in the womb.... and that may of our body parts, especially our bones do not contain the right material.

So , you want to go down right away and get an IV of Alpha 1 and go into remission. Perhaps you can. I can't Its about $100,000 a year.

Women and some men can't all be crazy.... the exact same family illnesses always are no coincidence. IF research and your medical doctors can't see that, then perhaps we need a new system.

I am studying the 8 essential sugars at the moment, focusing on fucose. The viruses and bacteria that have entered this group of people's bodies are killing us slowly and ruining our quality of life.... I spend most of mine in bed or in braces.

If a doctor that I go to, and I don't go to many, makes me feel that what is going on in my body is not a "real" illness. Then, he's fired.... and I don't let the door hit me in the back on the way out.

hop about

Hi Shelea, I just accidentally found your post and if I didn't know better I would have thought I was reading about myself. I am 49 and have been in menopause since 40. I have Hash Thyroid also. Every symptom you listed fit me. I don't like to go to the doctor so I don't go until I can't stand it. I have been told over and over again that they can find nothing, just take my levothroid and I'll be fine. I had a friend that told me she finally went to a specialst for her Hash thyroid and he switched her to synthroid. She said it made her feel normal again. I switched to synthroid and it made a major improvement. I have Kaiser and they dont do synthroid so it was cheaper to get it a costco and pay for it. Worth every penney. The doctors told me it wouldn't matter but it matters. My thoughts were more clear and most of the sever fatigue improved 75%. I could stay awake and move. Then my friend finally got me to go see a doctor that prescribed me estrodile and testrone drops and pegestrone cream. I feel almost completely normal. I have the energy to live again. Getting my house and yard back up to par. I havent been able to do yard work for three years and it feels great. Still suffer with anxiety but spend some time with the Lord and all better. I don't think I've fixed it all but compared to the last 10 years of the living dead, I feel awsome.

Shelea...

99% of what you have written... I am experiencing. I do not however have any thyroid issues.

Did you finally get a diagnosis?

Hello everybody I Have had the same symptoms of all of you and I also have hashimotos, but it is not being managed very well, I am taking some substitute thyroxine until I can get some Armour, I have heard its the only thing that makes people feel like a new person. I am seeing a natural doctor and it all makes sense. The only thing in this thyroxine i am taking is T4 which we need T1 T2 and T3 as well so I feel about 25% better exactly which makes perfect sense. She herself has hashimotos and does not have ANY fatigue or symptoms , and truly thinks that when I go on Armour or some other bioidentical thyroid replacement that I wil feel the same, unfortunately she can not prescribe it for me as we are in Australia and the natural docs aren't taken seriously here as they are in the usa.

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have been tested for the Autoimmune Chronic Urticaria specifically involving the anti-IGE receptor antibody. (You have extra IGE's and constantly produce histamine) So your body is fighting off things that aren't even there. Since there is nothing there, it attacks your good cells. (At least that is the way my Dr. has explained it to me)
I have suffered so many years, basically the worst have been the last 25 yrs with this autoimmune disease and finally after living with it all my life and just hounding one doctor after another, I finally was tested for the anti-IGE receptor AB. The high end score is 5.00 , my score 20.6.
I am now getting cleared to go on Xolair shots to capture the IGE anibodies and destroy them. I will hopefully know for the first time in my life what it really feels like to feel good. This condition is related usually with thyroid problems, Hashimotos, severe hives, rashes, asthma, and allergic reactions. I also have severe tendonitis all over my body which I hope the shots will also clear up. I am just praying I will be able to do the shots as I am adversely reacting to all medications. I have also found out, (which I have been telling the doctors for the past 3 yrs) that blood pressure meds make the condition worse, also aspirin and non steroid anti inflammatory drugs.
I hope this might help someone by posting this as I have suffered for so many years and was made to feel like I was a hypochondriac or didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about, so being able to help someone else to keep from suffering both physically and emotionally would really make me feel good inside.

My 16 year old daughter was diagnosed 3 years ago with Idiopathic Chronic Urticaria. Nobody knows what that is around here. I also was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome about 3 years ago and although I have been on the Plaquenil for all 3 years and iron supplements I just want to sleep all the time. I have 3 children, the youngest are 6 y.o. twins and I don't know how I make it to 5 when my husband comes home and gets very angry with me that I can't keep my eyes open and dinner isn't on the table. I understand what you are saying. I seem to hurt all over, have restless leg syndrome that is getting worse everyday so it is so hard to sleep even as exhausted as I am. My joints hurt, muscles hurt, mind is fuzzy and cloudy and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it's in my head or as my husband calls it my martyr moment. I am 36 years old and don't have the energy to play with my kids, all I do is yell at them because I'm irritable all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am amazed at what I am reading....the tendonitis all over the body is so hard to get anybody to listen to in the medical professional...I have got alternatively and have become Gluten and Dairy free in my attempts to find some form of normality in my life without pain...it is quite remarkable the effects...I was told that if I continued to consume gluten and diary I would end up with full blown MS...not just tendonitis...this was enough to prompt me to at least try...I have been gluten free for about 5 months now....the pain is soooo much better...and oh my god if I touch anything with Gluten in it the pain comes back ten fold......my naturopath told me that it will take 3-5 years to remove the damage to the lining of my stomach but I am all ready off all my allergy meds and my digestion meds....hope this helps someone...cheers Linda

I cannot believe what I am hearing!  I was beginning to think I was alone and beginning to think it was in my head!  Six weeks after I had my daughter I woke up and couldn't move.  I was in tears, my back hurt so bad both my thoracic and lumbar spine.  The strange part is that it was the first night since she was born that I got to sleep for eight hours straight.  I thought it was just stiff but went to urgent care anyway to get meds so I could still tend to my daughter.  They told me there that I should take a couple week of bed rest and not to lift anything, including my daughter (I was like..yeah, right).  My meds ran out on Sat. and Sun. I woke up again, in severe pain.  I went to the hospital this time.  They gave me a shot of morphine and sent me for x-rays but when I was on the table I started crying cuz the pain was so bad.  The tech thought they didn't give me anything and was surprised when I told her they had.  They came out normal so they gave me the same advice as the urgent care doc.  This was three and a half years ago.  I started with a chiropractor, that just made it worse from swelling caused by the brutal pressure.  I had to sleep on ice most nights, just to get SOME rest.  Almost two years later I finally got some insurance, cuz I couldn't go back to work after having my daughter because I couldn't function.  It started with an MRI of my lumbar and it came back clean.  I then was sent to a pain mgmt doc and he said he could put shots in my back.  I told him he couldn't until he could tell me what was wrong.  He then didn't want to see me so I fired him.  Then on my own I went to an Orth. Doc.  He said I have over-stretched legaments in both thoracic spine and lumbar and performed prolotherapy.  That didn't make it better so he sent me to a physical therapist.  Eight weeks into therapy they re-tested me and I was 10 percent weaker than when we started.  In Jan. this year I threw up blood while at work and got my first culuster migraine.  The end of Jan. I started having pain in my shoulders (tendonitis).  Feb. I awoke with swollen lymph nodes all over in my neck.  My family doc ran blood work and found out I didn't have an infection but my ANA text came back positive with a titer of 1.160.  I went to Rheumotologist.  Found out I have Sjogren's.  Since this all started I have had some fatigue but since I threw up blood it has gotten worse.  Pain is still about the same but my fatigue has taken over my life.  My fiance has had to do all the house work since I collapsed in the basement from pain and couldn't get myself up the stairs.  Plus, every time I did house work I couldn't sleep for days from pain.  I still have an appointment with another pain doc. and a neurologist.  I hope they can shed some light on all my pain.  I take 30mg. oxycontin along with anti-inflamatories for Sjogren's and Lyrica for possible Fibromyalgia.  I read all of your posts and it is me.  I feel like this is slowly killing me!  I am only 36 and I have always been extremely active (until this).  I am not depressed, I am frustrated because this is happening and I can't get answers that make sense.  Loud noises make me pissed (like I get a surge of adrenaline).  My new symptom is blurred vision.  Anyway....thanks to all of you!  I don't feel so alone!  By the way, I rarely eat any gluten, I eat very healthy, fresh veggies, fruits, meats, nuts....things that are good for my body!  I even went to organic and no change!  Wish me luck that the new pain doc can shed some light or the Neurologist!

HI, 
My mother has the same symptoms as you, please to all of you, you have to gave a test to bee venom, it was extremelly powerfull for my mother, she was taking cortisone medications for about 3 years, now she couded stop cortisone and continue only with bee venom 3 time a week ,and she eat honey , Royal jelly,Beewax ..and all the others thing from bee production, i can confirm you as she told me that her eyes now have more water, she can move better and she doesnt fell so so tired and the most important is that she couded stop cortisone, there is a lot of scientific studies about this ,just search google "bee venom therapy".
another thing, it s better to have bee stings than using drugs with bee venom. it s hard the first time but you will accustom.please learn about this ,in spanish there is a lot of helpfull information.

here i put an extract about the book "The Bible of Bee Venom Therapy"

The father of modern Apitherapy the Austrian doctor Philip Terc had rheumatism and cured himself by beestings. Terc hypothesised that the stronger the rheumatism form, the stronger the BV doses should be. Hedistinguishes three phases of healing: In the first phase the patient develops a pathological immunity withvery weak reaction to bee stinging. In the second he is as sensitive to BV as normal people, with thedevelopment of a local painful reaction. In this phase healing begins. In the third phase healing is completed.Terc treats his patients with 1 to 50 bees per session. He reports on the treatment of 660 patients. 544recovered fully, 99 improved and in the remaining 17 the treatment was not successful.Bodock Beck described modern BV therapy (mostly against arthritis) in his pioneering book carrying thesame name, published in 19354, available for sale in Amazon as a 1997 pocket book.  

sorry for my english 

I hope God help you, ask him to help you he is the most powerfull .....

WOW! you just described all my symptoms! I thought I was the only one who felt this bad! I am 50 and seem to be getting worse, I also had hoshimotos, had the radiation on my thyroid and I also take thyroid meds. I had surgery on both feet, said i had plantar fasciitis, but it didnt help, I am at my wits end!  if you get help please let me know!!

I just came from the Rheumatologist and I was crying in his office(first time crying in his office) and on my way home. The pain is only beaten by the fatigue I cannot seem to shake. The symptoms I have read from this site are just like mine. I have felt so alone and now I am feeling hopeless that anyone can help me with this. I cant work now because no matter how hard I try to push myself my body wont respond anymore. I feel like the walking dead. The blurred vision and memory loss is so bad now I am scared enough to tell my Dr.'s. They seem to think it has just began when its been going on for years. I am a single mom with two kids and not working was not an option, I would not stop. The fatigue has finally beaten me. The horrible part is going to a doctor and knowing they don't know how to help you. In the end this feels like an endurance test, how long can I take it? The PAIN & FATIGUE... I am just glad to see I am not alone, thanks for sharing your story.

That is crazy that you feel like that and that you have all the symptoms. Thats exactlly what I feel every day, I have a history of GBS (Guillian Barre Sydrome) and the doctors always believe the pain is coming from the sydrome. When  I was 15, I went comepltly parlazyed, i have such an over reacting immune system it turn on itself and ate away at my nerve endings. That was 5 years ago 6, if your including this year. I am going to be 21 in July and I have chronic pain all the time. I am always forgettiing something, or misplacing it,or not making sense in my wording. My friends always tell me I make up words. It scared me alot because I always think its GBS coming back. I have high anxiety and mood swings to whereI dont even know why its happening. I also just got over mono last year in March after having it for a year and 8 months. EVERYTHING you said decribes how I am feeling and im 20! I wake up some mornings not even wanting to move, because I am to scared to take pain pills considering how many people get hooked to them. After reading all this I think its the medicaine. NO DOCTOR of course has thought about that and it takes me two months to get a nerglogist appoitment. Just know I feel your pain and I am very sorry but I think Im going to do everything I can to get off the adderallI think as much as it may help us "concertare" it is effecting our better judgement. Pece and blessing and hope I send your way.  I wouldnt wish this pain on my worst enemy and Im sorry that you have to feel as bad as I do almost everyday.

Raquel