I was diagnosed with Gillium Barre Syndrome on the 2nd January 2006.It started with my right hand and eventually all my limbs were paralized in a matter of 3 days.My broker assured me that all expenses would be covered under my Liberty Life hospital Plan."Alas" not so they refused to pay for any treatment of the disease as they maintained it is an excluded disease, my broker from Standard Bank however maintained that they were responsible.I however was left with the stress and trauma of the disease, and the looming financial burden i was facing ,which i assure you never helped with my recovery.I now take a daily dose of Dihydroquercetin to help me through the day.Readers please be aware that this disease can strike anyone at anytime, and when it does be prepared for a total change in lifestyle as you will never be the same as you were before the disease struck.Take some sound advice from one who has been there and done it "CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICIES AND MEDICAL AID POLICIES THAT THIS DISEASE IS NOT EXCLUDED".I now face the problem of overcoming my disability with horrendous bills ,no insurance and no assistance from either Liberty Life or my Standard Bank broker.I have to sell my home before the bank reposses it.So please, understand the long term effect is not only physical trauma ,but financial stress too.Anyone else have this misfortune ,i would like to hear from you.Thank you

I was left with many debts from GBS also with the fact that i have yet to go back to work. My problem was that I ran out of insurance because what I was offered was too expensive. Most hospitals have a form that can be filled out so that they can have these debts removed. Check with the hospitals Patient Advocate. I do understand your problem.