i have been diagnosed with ulnar neuropathy in my hands, it causes pain, numbness, and tingling is always present. problem? i'm taking 5 prescriptions for that and when i saw the drs. i also told them it was (pain, numbness, etc.) in my legs and feet. that was ignored. now it is also in my face. does anyone have a clue or the same things going on with them. i'm so tired of docs only fixing 1/2 the problem, and making me feel like a hypochondriac for the rest. i'd be ever so thankfull for any input. :-(

sudee wrote:

i have been diagnosed with ulnar neuropathy in my hands, it causes pain, numbness, and tingling is always present. problem? i'm taking 5 prescriptions for that and when i saw the drs. i also told them it was (pain, numbness, etc.) in my legs and feet. that was ignored. now it is also in my face. does anyone have a clue or the same things going on with them. i'm so tired of docs only fixing 1/2 the problem, and making me feel like a hypochondriac for the rest. i'd be ever so thankfull for any input. :(

Code:

Yes! I also have the same problem. I have had pain in my hands and tingling sensation everywhere! including my legs for the last 7 months I have seen my doc.he has tested me for everything and I am in perfect health then my doc sent me to a specialist for the hands and oh of course he said I had carpal tunnel on one hand and not the other mind you I have pain on both and tingling sensation on both so then that doctor sent me to a neurologist and found nothing so now I am back to the question why!!!! is it that I have tingling sensation everywhere I feel the same way this isnt all in my head this comes and goes and I never feel it when I am sleeping though it only happens through out the day sometimes I can be this way for days and at times feel nothing. :-|

WOW!! I thought maybe I was just imagining it since the doctor never seems to find anything. I also have burning, tingling and numbness in my hand that sometiems runs up to the elbow. I can actually FEEL this weird burning start in my fingertips and move into my hand which then burns so bad mixed with an insane itching that goes into my wrist...soemtiems up to my elbow. I've even found myself dropping things lately as the numbness comes out of nowhere.

I was just seen by the nerologist who says there is nothing wrong with me and my doctor doesn't really seem to hear me...yet I am stuck with him due to insurance.

If anyone gets a good explanation of what the heck this is, please let me know!

well i cant help any of you as i also have the same problem but my doc also looks at me as if im nuts,ive got to have some bloods done but they are not making it a matter of urgency as ive got to wait 2 weeks before i have the blood taken and the results are back i cannot take this no more its driving me insane i think ill just make my way to the hospital.but if i hear anything ill let you know what you syptoms may be!! good luck

:-( I almost hate to go to sleep because as soon as I lay down my hands get numb and i have positioned my self in several positions and it does not stop the numbing. I have been typing for over 20 years and sometimes i can pick up something and grip. I have seen a nuerology but I don't want surgery? What can I do

Do any of you have symtoms such as fatigue, joint pain, depression, anxiety, or irritable bowl syndrome? You do not need to have all the symptoms, but if some sound familiar you may want to see a rheumatologist to see if you have fibromyalgia. Numbness/tingling is a common symptom and unfortunately the disease is hard to diagnose if you don't see the right doctor because the symptoms are similar to other diseases and there is no blood test that confirms the disease. Also, little is known about what causes the condition. Both my mother and grandmother have fibromyalgia and I am now starting to develop symptoms (at age 22). You can read more about it here nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/fibromyalgia.html or simply by searching on google. I hope this helps some of you!

After experiencing rapid progression of pain to numbness in my legs and feet July-September 2006, I am still left without answers. I too have been through the gamut of expensive medical tests (including multiple MRIs and EEGs) and neurologists. I've been told that it is not neurological (thank goodness it's not a neuro-degenerative disease!). The Neurologist suggested that it may be fibromyalgia which I have had since 1995. I thought that fibromyaliga is not a progressive disease--anyone have information about this? Some days I have very little function in my legs--it's difficult to walk and get up from a chair. On the good days, I can go about my daily activities for a few hours before I have to get off my feet.

I am also fearful of going to sleep and having my hands and feet go to sleep. My feet have become worse over time, and now I feel as though there is permanent nerve damage in one of my toes. My neurologist prescribed gabapentin/neurotin for the neuropathy, but I hate taking such a powerful drug all the time. It appears my problems are related to my systemic issues with hypothyroidism. Whenever I am under physical or mental stress, my thyroid meds work less efficiently and my paraesthesia (pins and needles) comes back. Some of you may benefit from seeing an endocrinologist and having your thyroid panel checked. I don't think enough is understood about the devastating effects of a low thyroid. Good luck.

:O
    I have had the same problems that you all state-pain and numbness in my hands and feet. The numbness is most pronounced in my finger tips. The pain can burn or feel like the "pins and needles" you get when your extrmeties "fall asleep".
    In addition, my back is very sensitive to the touch as are my arms and legs at times. I usually start the day ok, but it gets progressively worse as the day goes on. Some days are worse than others.
    I had a severe bacterial infection this summer and my symptoms started this past fall. I have had several blood tests-all normal and even an MRI of the brain-negative.
    I think I have peripheral neuropathy (maybe not so severe) and my symptoms do wax and wane. Drinking alchohol definitely exasperates things.

I have been to my family doctor and a neurologist, any suggestions as to what other specilalist I should see would be appreciated.

Is anyone feeling constant tingling and throbbing in feet? This also comes with pain especially at bottom of feet. It is felt more in one foot. Mri of back shows slight circumferential disc bulge on one side but no pinched nerve. I don't know what is happening. I will see a physiatrist shortly. This is driving me crazy. HELP PLEASE!!!

You might find this useful: a list of possible causes at the following address

http://www.muschealth.com/cds/HealthEncy.aspx?id=003206

I hope this helps. Best wishes to everybody!

lpov wrote:

anxiety, or irritable bowl syndrome i have these probs also and i even get really bad pains in my left hand i think it may mor maynot i dont to many thyriod ops

I have had numbness and pain in my hands, feet, legs and arms for 2 months now. My dr. took the gamit of blood tests, and it showed I had very low white blood cell count, but nothing else. He basically just told me that I had carpel tunnel symdrome and left it at that.

Now I am left wondering if there is something else wrong with me that is causing this in addition to causing my low white blood count. Why do doctors seem to take the easy way out when they don't have a clue? In addition, I don't have the pattern of pain that carpel tunnel causes.

What would be my next step? Any suggestions?

I hear all of you - I have the same thing and test after test the same results nuttin -- then they did a MRI of the back and I have severe Degenerative Disc Disease -- thats where the discs in your back all wear paper thing causing them to pinch on several nerves - sad part no real cure just more meds....hope helps some of ya out