I had been on welbutrin for a couple of years and it just wasn't working as well anymore for me, so my dr. put me on cymbalta and it is helping alot but I find myself smoking more and even drinking alittle more often. Has anyone used both med's at the same time and is it safe? I have severe depression, several heriated disc's, fibro and anixety problems. any advise would be very helpful!

I've been taking cymb and well together for 2 years. initially no serious side effects were noticed and felt improvement in severe depression. Benefit plateau was felt at about 6 mos. No significant pain relief for me, Fatigue side effect intinsified during the following months. Now I take 30mg well in a.m. and 30 in early aftnoon. 300 mg wellbutrin taken in morning with a.m. cymbalta. No apparent reactions from taking at same time. Moderate depression still present. And yes I feel I'm going backwards with alcohol and cigs, ever increasing and binging Years ago I was taking Prozac and Well for depression and suprisingly experienced superior addiction withdrawal benefits. Stopped smoking crack,w /minimal discomfort & effort. Same can be said for effects on cigarettes & pot. Severe outbreaks of sciatic low back pain were minimized. Depression benefit was moderate to mild. This combo also assisted a little in fatique scenario, could actually funtion,and were able to keep active. Good Luck