I am suffering from menstrual pain. It started after heavy vaginal infection that also affected cervix and uterus. Problem occurred because I did not have any significant symptoms, only after vagina was affected, high temperature and pain told me I have to go to a doctor. After the infection was gone, painful periods came and now I am using Aleve (OTC). What is the difference between OTC and prescribed Aleve?

Aleve will subdue the pain that happens in your period. It does have its side effects, and the risk of their occurrence is higher if the dosage is higher. You should be careful with OTC drugs, because you might bring yourself more harm than good. I mean, while getting a prescription you are told about the exact dosage and that sometimes differs from the figures on the info sheet that goes with the drug.