Hello! Is there anybody who could tell me if there is a difference between endocet and percocet. First I was using endocet which worket fine for me, and had to take percocet one time from the pharmacy as they didn’t have endocet and I got no pain relief from percocet. Is there anybody who understands the difference/ Thx

Hello! When I was looking for the info on these two drugs it seemed that both of the drugs contained both Acetaminophen and Oxycodone. Then I ran into this article where a woman was explaining that the drug chain found a cheaper version and will no longer carry Endocet. The cheaper generic does not contain acetaminophen but is being touted as the new generic for the brand-name Percocet. Maybe, this is what you got!

Anything w/the word "cet" in the end of it has Acetaminophen: Percocet, Endocet, Roxicet--and they're all exactly the same med--Oxycodone (which is the name of the chemical) w/ Acetaminophen.

Oxycodone is different from Hydrocodone--which is Vicodin, which is the same as Lorcet, Zydone, Norco. Hydrocodone is not as strong as Oxycodone and is in a different "class" of drug.

gladstone wrote:

[/quote

I was asking the exact opposit question. I had taken percocet before with fairly good pain relief but when I had to take Endocet I did not get any relief at first. It reminds me of what a pharmacisists told me once. Sometimes what we have eaten even hours before taking the medicine can have an effect on how well it helps our pain. He said people have asked that question and then had their blood tested and found the same amout of the medicine in their blood even though they didn't feel as if it was there. I think that is why the pain clinics give out the breakthrough short term pain medicine. Personally, I think that there are times when the strongest medicine made would not stop my pain. We might as well get use to it and be thankful we have some pain relief instead of none. That was the way I had to live for years, No pain relief. I know two people who can't get any pain relief because of their doctor's idea about pain medicine. The doctor knows they are in pain but to save his own licemse, one Dr. stoped giving her any medicine and will not send her to a pain clinic because she is overweight and he doesn't like overweight people. What do you think of that?

Hi...

I am a 47yr old single mother of two awesome son's and live in British Columbia, Canada On May 15/2001 while taking my eldest son to school, I got slammed on the drivers side of my car by a van while waiting my turn at a stop sign. Since then I have been taking Percocet for the pain and Flexeril for a Muscle Relaxant. Over the span of all these years, I have seen about six specialists, had a Bone Scan, Cat Scan, X-rays, injections at the injury site of the T5-T8 area and all the doctors have diagnosed me with an Inoperable joint injury. One of my specialists has finally sent me for an MRI which takes place on July 5th of this year. My family GP and I are hoping that it may show something that a Neurosurgeon might be able to repair thru surgery, but I am not holding out any hope of finding something new that can be operated on. If I am wrong and I can have surgery, I will be the worlds happiest single mother around. This back injury has brought my once busy life to a grinding halt and I hate it. Both my kids play Rep hockey & baseball. Altho they are long days, especially for out of town games....I still suffer and watch them play. My family GP wishes I didn't go....but as I have said to him....I have to do something and he agrees. On May 15 of this year, I was on my way to a newly opened pain control clinic which had just opened in January. While sitting patiently at a red light, I was once again hit and rear ended. Within ten mins I was in horrible, horrible pain. Not fun as I had to increase my Endocets from 10-12 per day to almost 24 per day to kill the pain. The pain has finally settled down to what it once was and I instantly went back to my regular dosage of 10-12 per day. I have never craved pain medication and I have never gotten a high from them either. If I could stop today I would!! Going from 24 pills a day back down to 10-12 per day made me feel a little on the crappy side. I didn't think or expect this to happen, but it did. Instead of taking my regular dosage I have had to add a 3rd tablet every second dosage which has helped a lot. It was just the headache and dizziness that bothered me the most. For the first 4 yrs I took Percocet until the price of 300 tablets per month went from around $50 to $70 to month. My pharmacy ended up changing to Endocet. They are made up of the exact same type of med's as Percocet is. There is no difference in the drug except for the price. I didn't notice that they were different in strength or anything when I started taking the Endocet. I honestly believe that a lot of this is in our minds. We get used to taking one thing for so long and then our pharmacies want to help their customers by getting in something with a different name, but made up of the same ingredients. Again the only difference is the cost....Endocet and Percoet are the exact same thing and neither has more or less of any different ingredient. When my pharmacy told me of the change, I researched Endocet as I always do if given anything different or new. After reading a lot of literature on the internet, my pharmacist was indeed telling me the truth....Endocet and Percocet are the exact same drug. We just get programmed over the years and our minds think that one works better than the other...when this is not true.

I am keeping my hopes up with this MRI that something can be operated on, as I am so sick of taking pain medication. I take 60mgs of M-Eslon which is a time released Morphine and 10-12 Endocets for the break thru pain. If the pain was totally gone I would love to stop taking drugs and would love to never have to take them again!!! I am just glad that I am NOT addicted to them, never have been and never will be. My body is just used to them, but I quite honestly could do without them with no problem.

Take care everyone and get better soon! A life wihout pain med's is much better than having a life with them.

To Rowdie: If your taking 24 Percocets, and some Morphine mixed in the cocktail, and you say you dont get HIGH!?? Lmao Then your just stoned all the time, and think it's normal! o.O 8) :

Have you ever heard of the Ratio- Fentanly Patch which you apply on your arms every 24hours. The patch comes in 25mcg/h and 50, and 100mcg/h and might even be higher doses. What it is is a opioid analgesic which slowly delivers nominal in vivo delivery of pain medication to the area of pain.

This is in response to "Rowdie40." I am coming to you as a PA (Physician Assistant).

I find it very very hard to believe that you are taking the amount of oxycodone that you say you are and not getting high. I also can't believe that your doctor is giving you 300 tabs a month. If that is even slightly true, he is risking his career and he knows it. There are so many dangers that come along with that. YOU should know better. Every time that you take that many pills, you are literally risking your life. For the sake of your sons and yourself, please start cutting back to ween yourself off of them or finding some help. You might also want to think about getting your liver scanned. The high amount of Acetaminophen that you are putting through your liver is causing life threatening damage with every pill.
Now, there is NO difference between the generic two. The legally have the same amount of ingredients. They are required to under law. I know this because my aunt actually develops tabs with a major pharmac. company of many uses, including pain killers of all sorts.
Back to the original point that I was making. Please lower your dose. You and your kids will be thankful in the long run!

Just out of concern,why are the DR's not perscribing OXY IR's 10mg/ or 20mg when the pain has increased to the point where you need to exceed 12+ percocets a day?They are the exact same as the percocet minus the acetamimophen.
They really need to weigh out the benifits vs the risks when it gets to that point.I dont think its the patients that are the ones to blame ALL the time, when its these supposed trained proffesionals that are prescribing these outrageous amounts...really when it comes down to it, a lot of us do put our trust in them!
Sadly you do need to take ALL the responsibility for yourself and your own health in this situation, you GOTTA know or TRUST ME that exceeding 12 per day CAN do liver damage! Even if your DR does or will write out that many DONT!!!Consider yourself lucky that you are ok, make sure you get some liver function tests done to make sure and do your own research and look into the oxy IR's etc

This reply is for Rowdie40. I find it very hard to imagine you are taking such a high amount of Endocet. You really need to get some good quality help of some sort. I am 36 and have been taking 1/2 a tablet of Endoct every 4 hours for the past 3 days (bunion surgery). That low dosage throws my mind into loops. I cannot imagine the dosage you are taking - I seriously think I would die. I am a healthy person (other than my post-operative feet) and the regular dose of 1/2 a tablet definitely impacts my mind. My short-term memory is a bit faulty and my thoughts are a bit skittish while taking Endocet. I can't wait to stop taking them within a couple days. I take no other medication - and half a tablet of Endocet alone impacts me. It might be a good idea for you to see a different doctor. Something isn't right.

I have taken Vicodin for years to combat a nasty spondylolisthesis (a slippage of lumbar vertebrae relative to one another and trapping nerves, etc.) I don't get "high" from opiates, but it feels great early in the morning after I've creaked out of bed and hobbled to the medicine cabinet, to feel the pain recede so I can finally go make coffee.

Surely, this is not the evil "high" people are so afraid of? It's a blessing, a miracle of technology that the pain can be defeated, one of the benefits of living in our age. However, opiates should be used as sparingly as possible so I've taken steps. I take Vicodin in the morning and after lunch and that gets me through the workday. In the evening I smoke cannabis, which makes it unnecessary to take any more Vicodin. The advantage of this approach is that Vicodin does not impede concentration while cannabis does. So Vicodin works while I am at work, and, having an occupation where my evenings are generally unencumbered, I smoke pot in the evening when I don't need to be sharp and on the go. Of course, I want to add that as a California resident, I am using medicinal cannbis completely legally.

Cannabis really does help against pain but its psychoactive characteristics make it unsuitable for many activities. This fact should be considered when using medicinal cannabis. However, cannabis enhances many other activities such as conversation, music and art appreciation, writing on blogs, to mention a few ...

Since knee surgery a year ago I have been taking Endocet and Oxycodone. I have lowered my dose of oxy from 60 mgrams (or whatever measurement they come in) 20 plus endocet for "breakthrough pain". I asked my DR why he called them percocets when the percription is for endocet. " that is what they are most commonly called but they are the same"

I have been on some sort of hydrocodone 10 for 7 years since a work accident. Most recently I've been on norco 10/325.. 4 pills/day. I also take Darvocet 100 3 pills/day in between the norco.

My pain doc decided to switch me to endocet 10/325...3 pills/day and stop the norco and darvocet. The problem was at first it didn't seem to cover the pain for a full 24 hours. I then had break through pain after 4-5 hours. Then after 2 weeks I started having migrains after 4-5 hours from taking an endocet pill.

Now I'm back on the Norco-Darvocet regime again. My question is.. if Endocet is stronger than norco and darvocet why did I have so much trouble with it? Is their another Oxycontin brand that would work better?

is the word to discribe what "rowdies" doctor will be facing! That is reckless to administer that amount and to know you take 12-24 tabs on top of the morphine. I DONT believe it at all because if for some reason the doctor is writting this for you, I damn well doubt the pharmacist would dispense it. Yes, for all the pre-med know-it -alls out there a pharmacist can and will override a prescription at his or her discretion. Furthermore, 24 "perkies" is a fatal dose if done with morphine in the time period you stated. Im straight up saying your full of c**p. Oxycontin is a time release form of percocet, percodan ect,,, it is oxycodone, the active incredient antagonist. Its sold in a 10mg 20 40 60 80 120 160mg tab. essentially the 160mg tab is equal to 32 / 5 mg tabs of percocet. However its for terminal patients and its time released over 24 hours. If chewed you die. Simple as that!! so taking 24 tabs without the time release is BS!! BTW percocets are the alternative to percodans because they cant be diluted for intravenus injection{they add a binder} i and percodan has 5mg oxycodone and percocet only has 4.75mg. And thats a fact....JACK!!! bigmark sjca...........

actually i have to agree with rowdie 40, i also injured my back...tho at work...and ive been taking anywhere from 7-12 percocet pills a day for the last 4 months for pain managemen. and being on WCB i have to sign a narco contract with my doc saying that i will oNLY get the scripts from him and get them filled in ONE pharmacy. my doc knows very well that i take as many as i do for the pain, i also have to be very careful to make sure that i eat when i do so to help with the damage that they can cause the liver. my doc prescribes 400-500 tabs a month-month and a half, depending how much i need at any given time in the day or night. i DONT however get high from them either(only depending how many tabs i take at a time, if i take my normal dose of 2-3 tabs every 6-8hrs then no, but more than that(4), i get a buzz going, so yes i get momentarily high, doesnt last long), i think that a person reacts differently to drugs and alcohol according to bady mass. common sense says that it may knock a smaller person on their ass...but not a bigger person. my body doeshowever get used to them after a while, and sometimes i find that i think that i have to up my dose, but i also know thats how my body is reacting and its in my head, so i dont allow myself to do this, under ANY circumstances. i hate popping pills to begin with, so i know ill have no probs at all going off them...ive had them before and gone off them with no issues...ergo why i say that i can get off them with minimal addictions. im only giving you MY personal experience, and its all very well doctor monitored...but its also very true that a patient does get perscribed 400-500 tabs in a 4-6 weeks period. and this is how they affect me personall...as ive said, everyone is different in how they react.