Hi, I noticed on my son’s toenails white spots few weeks ago. I didn’t think it was anything serious, and I forgot about it. Yesterday, he told me that two of his toenails became yellow and crumbly. I bought him OTC anti-fugal nail cream. If anyone used it, I would like to know was it helpful?

Hi, I bought a nail cream Over-the-counter, and to be honest, it didn’t help me at all. Which OCT drug helps anyway? I had nail fungus infection on two of my fingernails, and they were brown colored and thickened. The color was caused by debris building up under my nail. I used cream bought OTC for some time, and my condition wasn’t getting any better. I went to a doctor, and asked him to prescribe me some oral medicines. There was a choice between sporanox, diflucan and lamisil, and after few questions about my medical history, he prescribed me lamisil. This drug was much more effective than those bought OTC. If that cream doesn’t help your son soon, go ask a doctor for an oral drug.