I have been having back pain problems lately. Luckily, all the bones are in place, but I did strained back muscles severely. I have been prescribed with Methocarbamol and it does have some effect, but I sometimes still feel pain. Some say that I should try with hydrocodone and I would like to know what the difference between those two drugs is.

Hydrocodone is a drug that combines NSAID and opioid analgesic effects within its function. Its mechanism is not exactly determined, but it may block some inflammation mediators. As for Methocarbamol, its main function is skeletal muscles relaxation. It is said that its effect is based on the CNS depression (it does not affect muscles directly).

I have been on both for back pain. Methocarbamal is used to relax the injured muscles but does not necessarily take away the pain. Hydrocodone is a narcotic pain reliever. I was prescribed both at the same time and had no problems.

i have back pain and knee pain often , sometimes it hurts so much i dont even want to move.. they put me on naproxen, methocarbamol and tramadol, i take them but it does nothin for the pain at all... it just makes me dizzy and feeling high..but im still in so much pain.. any sugesstions on something else i can take

umm try hydrocodone .. tramadol, methocarbamol, and naproxen have no opiods in them .. thats why you are still in pain ... ive taken tramadol before and have felt nothing. methocarbamol will just relax you a bit, and tell if im wrong but isnt naproxen just basically aleve? if you can't walk then you need some type of opiates. ask you doctor for 5mg/500mg hydrocodone/acetominophene. a few of those should do the trick for a while then u just up your dose when needed! just dont get yourself to oxycodone!! thats the devils drug!! you would want to run around !!! do morphine before oxycodone ... ight lata

Honestly, if your pain is bad enough to make you not want to do your daily activities I say you should drop ALL pills and get Medical Marijuana. I've been on anti depressants, anti anxiety, and muscle relaxers practically my entire life.. I HATE pills. Alcohol. Anything MAN MADE. You are destroying your body in more ways than one with pills.. Medical Marijuana will help with your pain, depression, whatever. They have these new things called Extasy Cigarettes and you smoke one and your pain is still there but you don't care. Take one or two hits everytime you start to hurt. You're killing yourself with all of these drugs..

advil. and ibprofin. with haf cup of coffie decafe... done deal...

Tramadal is a synthetic opiate and can be dangerous. Even at small doses. Its a controlled substance now. I used it for back pain and had a seizure.

I agree with guest 3. I had a severe reaction to it ona low dosage. i used it 2x and first time I spent the first two hours In the bathroom vomiting to be told by the dr and pharmacist to eat before I take it And it should be ok. the second time, I ate a meal/took tramadol and spent the next two days vomiting off and on with severe nausea that lasted 4 days accompanied by a week long throbbing headache! I felt like I was in a bad dream, confused- my mind was extremely fuzzy,but I was in so much pain..worse to me than the back pain I was experiencing. I am now terrified of taking any pain meds to the point I would rather suffer thought the pain then risk another reaction like this-one of the worst experiences of my life!!!

I had a seizure as well, and had been on tramadol for 2 years. I really liked the way it killed my pain, but can't take it anymore.

I am at that point in my life where I'm in pain almost always. problem is, is that I don't know where to see if MO does the medical. Any help would be wonderful!!!

My R.A. doc. hav me taking 2 three times a day. I'm I in danger of one.

Tramadol has a mild narcotic in it, however it's considered a "light narcotic" when taken in normal prescribed doses it normally does not cause sedation or a high feeling. Naproxen is an over the counter antiinflamatory and works for 12 hours. Again no high. Methocarbomol is a muscle relaxant, has no actual pain relief properties however by relaxing and loosening strained and damaged muscles can help with pain. Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco ect) is a narcotic combined with Tylenol. It is now near impossible to get in the US due to the reclassification into a schedule 2 medication based on the increased liklihood of addiction and abuse. Vicoprofen (I can't spell) is hydrocodone with ibuprofen. And sounds like it would be more helpful due to the antiinflamatory effects of ibuprofen and the opiate pain relief. However is also a schedule 2. There are many other muscle relaxers out there his MD can prescribe. He just needs to discuss it with his MD. There are even Benzodiazapines approved as muscle relaxants. However should not be taken with a narcotic due to the increased risk of death by stopping breathing. I'm an ER/Trauma nurse as well as a part time detox/rehab nurse. So I didn't just google it.

Hydrocondone is not nearly impossible to get in the US. 

Auto correct changed the spelling to the incorrect spelling.