After I had a miscarriage last Nov I took an herbal tonic to "clean me out" and ended up waking up in severe pain! It subsided after a while and I wrote the lady who made this tonic and she suggested that possibly I have cists on my ovaries and this tonic irritated them and caused one to burst, causing the intense pain. Since then I often have lower back pain (like I have the first couple days of my period) when I ovulate. Could this mean I do have cists on my ovaries? And can this keep me from getting pregnant again?

I'd appreciate some imput. Thanks.

Many women have ovarian cysts without having any symptoms. Sometimes, though, a cyst will cause these problems:

pressure, fullness, or pain in the abdomen

dull ache in the lower back and thighs

problems passing urine completely

pain during sexual intercourse

weight gain

painful menstrual periods and abnormal bleeding

nausea or vomiting

breast tenderness

If you have these symptoms, get help right away:

pain with fever and vomiting

sudden, severe abdominal pain

faintness, dizziness, or weakness

rapid breathing

Hi im 33 yrs old and just went to my gyn the other day to find out i have a cist on my ovary and a fibroidon the other ovarie.. i go for a ultra sound the 25th so he can see how big they are ..NOW my question is i have gained 24 pounds and feel sooo swollen and tender also have bad periods ..would this have anything to do with me gaining all this weight... i would love some input on this and how they may treat this...
thanks