I am 19 female and I went to the gyn for the first time. She examined me and found a ovarian cist. Doctor says it is not very dangerous, but for preventive reasons it should be surgically removed. I am very afraid of this operation. Did anyone had that surgery. PLS, more info!!!
Thanks!!

I had the same problem. I also had very painful periods, but after laparoscopia it was better. Some ovarian cists go away by itself (during periods) others need to be surgically removed. Surgery (laparoscopia) is not a complicated surgery, so you don’t have to be afraid. You’ll be sleeping during operation; they will make two small cuts above your hips (they won’t be visable after few months) and they will use small camera, which will enter through your bellybutton, to control the operation. You’ll stay in hospital for two to three days and week after surgery, your stitches shall be removed. This may all sound horrible, but is not… laparoscopia is really not a complicated surgery, so you don’t have to be afraid. The best is to do the operation as soon as possible…
Good luck!

NO, after much experience (I ended up with a hystorecomy (sp). I had multiple surgeries for it. I am now dealing with a 14 year old daughter who had one burst on her Tuesday night and I KNOW I will not let her take the surgery way, I think they ruined my chance at reproduction.

hi,

I am also 19 and have just found out i have ovarian cists. One of my good friends has just had this operation and she even showed me pics. The operation isnt anything to be scared of, you'll be sore a little afterward but nothing to worry about.

I cant believe you. Your daughter needs to take care of herself.....
Who cares if she cant have kids she can adopt. You need to look out for her well being not if she can reproduce.....That is what is wrong with the world not every girl in the wold needs to have children. Your health , career and life is much more important. I live a happy full life I am 30 my hubby is 35 we have no kids great jobs,travel and live a great life. I have had problems and have had surgeries for ovarian cists. Dont be selfish think of your 14 year olds health not about babies....

I just realized recently that I have a cist and I am so not in the position to do anything about it because I DO HAVE CHILDREN. What does someone like me do when I don't have the money to pay for a surgery like this?
I am afraid that I won't be able to have another child but I am already a proud parent to a boy and a girl who I hope one day will make this world a better place. My husband and I had hopes for one more but I don't think that will happen. I was told the only way to keep cists from coming back was to have my tubes tied.
This is really messed up.

i am 20 years old i had my fist child when i was only 14 and had anoyher little on when i was 17 . 7 mounths in to my pregnancey i had wat they called a mini stroke . now i can still do most things wemon my age can but about 2 years later i get ovarian cist after every period and its almost as bad as bein in labor to me . i dont even know how to prevent them but i would really like to find out. if u can help me contact me at ********

**edited by moderator**

hello..i was looking up info about ovarian cists and found your page. I found it interesting and helpful. If you think you've got problems..your wrong. Im only 17 and have had my cists for a while..but just recently found out. Mine are an abnormally large size...and are possibly getting worse. I thought i would comment you to let you know that others have it worse. I was even told that i have a 50% chance of not being able to reproduce...so im asking you for advice...WHAT SHOULD I DO??? am i too young for the surgery???

I have ovarian cists to they are very painfull but since i am on welfare they really didnt do anything for me except put me on birthcontrol (depo shot) well that just messed me up ten times worse i have went through so much i bleed for 9 months on and off mostly on and somtimes is was very painfull to have intercourse to were afterwords i would not even be able to move and my hole body would shake its terrible now i am finnally going to beable to go to a specialist about my problem.

Jocely 18

Hey-- about the young woman who posted the original. I am also 19 years old, just went to the doctor yesterday. I found out I have the cysts on my overies too and a thick e... wall. I'm so scared. I don't want to have surgery but I also want to have children in the next few years with my wife, and I'm scared. Does anyone know of any other alternatives?? Please help me. Here is my e-mail: ***** if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

**edited by moderator**
brianna

okay so what exactly are these things and why do some people have surgery on them? ? they effing bloody hurt :'( i was in pain for 4 days before i went to the hospital where they told me i have ovarian cists?? and to come back for another ultra sound gave me some more pain killers and sent me on my way .. NO EXPLINATION nothing .. i live in toronto while my family is in halifax, im pretty much on my own here and i dont understand what they said to me , i have to go back for another ultra sound .. but what if theyre not gone ? i mean i feel them every period i have anytime im having sex i just wish there was someone who could answer my questions so im not getting the same vague answer from everybody else as i am from doctors .. i just wanna know what happens if they dont burst .. why are they still there? why do they hurt all the time ? why .. anybody ?

Tieing your tube is not going to help. I am 37 and have had my tubes tied for since 1996. Right now I have a cist the size of a golf ball on by left ovary. My gyni says that it will go away on its own. She said she will still keep an eye on it though since I am a colon cancer patient.

Hi fannymichael, I just wanted to let you know that I got my tubes tide three years ago and found out today that I have cist on both of my ovaries. So, don't get your tubes tide. Don't give up you can still have another child I'm sure. I got pregnant even with fybroid tumors!!!

I have been through all the pain and annoyance, the stress and the feeling of disappointment and frustration. Don't feel bad - you're not alone. many of us have been there too. I've learned slowly and painfully that I made all the mistakes and trusted all the wrong people without even a fair fight to deal with it the right way. I don't want it to happen to you.
Six years ago at age 21 I headed to a GYN in a hospital after experiencing the sharp pains of the ovarian cyst on my right ovary for two years, which i didn't know the real cause until that moment. he told me that i needed an urgent surgery to remove the cyst with out explaining much as to what it is, what caused it (that i don't know much even now) and what consequences would follow with regard to reproduction or any thing i should be doing to help (nutrition...). I didn't know if i had any other alternative (like medications, or other treatments that would dissolve the cyst). So I called a relative of mine who is GYN himself and he also agreed with what my GYN recommended. I was so confused and terrified and just agreed to have the surgery the next morning. After the surgey, the GYN informed me that he had also removed my right ovary because the benign cyst was fairly large.
To be honest, i couldn't recover from the shock of that news until today and the regret i have about having that damn surgery. These feelings have been escalated as i started to learn more about ovarian cyst and different treatments and listen to different experiences of other sufferer's with even much larger cyst than i had who happen to save their ovaries with better treatments. What i want to emphasize is first give it a fair fight to know about it and deal with it before going into surgery ( you may consult http://www.ovariancystsnomore.com/?hop=bicchione). But as a last resort if u had to undergo the surgery, make sure that u understand all the facts of your specific condition and consequences of it. After all, you might even be able to get rid of only the cyst with out the ovary taken out.

you just know that there are much worse cases than this and people deal with them strongly and live a happy life. To share with you mine, my fiancee has left me after my surgery without a single explanation and he became depressed and alcoholic. He came back after seven months apologizing for leaving me out of fear of what he heard from his doctor friend that i would be stopping ovulating (or enter into menopause) before the age of 30 or 32 i.e., even before my mother would because now i ovulate with only one ovary. He also told me that he thinks there is less chance of reproduction.... . I don't know if what he talked about menopause is quite right...but i didn't want to give him another chance after he left me at the time when i needed him most. i have just earned my masters degree in business administration (MBA), have a very good post at my organization, always known that there is always another chance and now planning to get married after three months. I discussed the issue with my new boy friend even before accepting his marriage proposal and he was surprised by me,i.e., thinking of this thing to make a difference on his feelings. I am looking forward to getting pregnant and we want to have a child or two. But even if that does not happen, we know we can always adopt. Wish you all the best!!!

Ithink your surgery was too fast.....I'm 40 years old end I have big cist end really discomfort specially when I'm sleeping and I'm going my country for possible surgery.....Sometimes I'm fine but sometime not...My doctor gave me pill for treatment firts, now we''ll see what happen...