I have been having pains in my lower left abominal. This pain got so bad i went to see my doctor today. I am very slim so the doctor just touch the pain where i told her it hurts and she told me that it's my ovaries that causing the pain. First, she thought that i could have some kind of STD but that it's possible with me. The earliest i could go back and get an pelive ultrasound will be on the 31st. of next month. I don't think i could wait that much longer the pain it really severe. Why do you think i have swollen ovaries? I had my period already this month on the 12th.

It could happen that you have ovarian cysts, the hormonal disorder called PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is a female health condition that involves a woman’s menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones, insulin production, heart, blood vessels, and appearance.

It is usually managed by taking birth control pills for a few months.

I suppose an ultrasound would be able to relieve more.

PCOS was just a suggestion as I know that these little cysts could enlarge and swell the ovary but only your doc could tell what it really is.

Even if you have the cysts doesn't necessarily mean you would have problems with insulin production or heart.

True, you can have cysts withough actually suffering from PCOS.

hmm , ye u proly have and sti, sometimes when u get herpies ur ovaries swell up

my boyfriend and i wasnt planning to have a baby. my pd has always been normal and i never been on birth control. i had a c-secton three years ago and a tubinal pregnancy last august. after all of that my doc said i would be fine. well its now april and i havent seen my period. we had sex on the 28 of march and 9 days later i was spotting. it wasnt a normal period; it was pinkish and dark brown everytime i wiped after i urinated there was no blood flowing. around the time of my regular period, all i did was cramp but saw no blood. my nipples are sore. i had mild cramps in both sides of my body, my lower back aches off and on. i felt my pelvic bone ache, my vaginal discharge increased i waited until the 23rd to go see my doc. when he came in he didnt even tell me to pee in the cup for a pregnancy test. he stuck an instrument in my vagina and said that my ovaries were swollen and he would prescribe me sum antiboditics. i was tryn to tell him about the spotting and my symptoms but he cut me off and said that my hormones was inbalanced and i was 110% not pregnant. im so confused. i need answers. im not hurting at all. i have few cramps at the bottom of my stomach but that's it. i feel pregnant but..........can anyone help or relate

Call your doctor back as an emergency patient and ask them to see you due to the pain. They should be able to squeeze you in. There could be many reasons that may or may not be related to an infection. I have many fibroid tumors that sometimes cause pain. I don't believe I was ever told that my ovaries were swollen, however. Call that doctor's office an get them to see you asap.

hi i have suffered from pcos now for years.i was told i could have kids 2 cuz of problems i was havin, but thank god i hav 2 wonderful kids now. the only thing is i started havin more pains in my abomial area,i been bleedying nearly all the time since my daughter was born & that was nearly 18 months ago now & only found out my ovaries are swollen & its causing alot of pain. Yet they dont know wats going on.so more blood test & check ups.but not being funny swollen ovaries ent because of an std i never had 1 & i have been checked for them. but pcos is caused by a problem with hormones.so if i was u keep on at ur doctors as for a blood test they should tell you what is going on with your body u that is the best way and good luck hope you get ur answers you need & i hope you are sorted soonxx

I am having the same problem. I went to the er the other day because the pain on my left abdominal side is so severe. They said my ovary was swollen twice the normal size it should be but all my test came back normal. I am to go see my ob/gyn tomorrow. I feels like I have an internal bruise. They also told me they will not rule out the fact that I may have had an ovarian cysts rupture, but I have had three cysts rupture before and the pain is TOTALLY different. I am hoping the pain will disappear soon. 

BBnnnncncmnnmmmc ffffff fffg