I recently went to a new doctor with concerns about my 4th case of ovarian cists. The pain was excruciating. He told me that ovarian cists were a normal part of ovulation, and that most women don't even know that they have them. Quite frankly I'm having a bit of trouble believing this since every woman I mention it to says they've never heard anything so redicuous in thier lives. I need to know if anyone else out there has ever been told the same thing, or should Iseek a second opinion? Please e-mail me with your

edited by moderator***emails not allowed

Ovarian cysts are quite common and many women don’t know that they have them because in many cases they are asymptomatic. However, in women who are symptomatic, they can cause a lot of pain, spotting, bleeding between periods and pain during sex.

These cysts form when the egg leaves the ovary and the sacs where the eggs were fill with fluid. There are also cases when cysts form because the sac with the egg didn’t break down and open to release the egg, and then they start growing.

Most of these cysts resolve on their own within weeks or three months tops but some may start growing and cause bleeding.

I suppose that you doctor had checked on them in an ultrasound to see what kind of cysts these are.

There is another disorder called polycystic ovarian syndrome in which the ovaries are full of the cysts most commonly because of the hormonal imbalance.

Hi I'm 18 years old and I just found out that I have cists on my ovaries too and my doctor told me the same thing. He put me on birth control thinking it might help with the pain. it hasn't yet, and they keep coming back im scheduald for another app. to see whats going on. please feel free to email me back.

Guest wrote:

:roll

hi ya im ment to be 10 wks pregnant 2day and iv been loosing blood they sent me 4 an emergancy scan n i might b loosing my baby as its only measuring at 6 wks and i have a gaint cyst on my ovary thats measuring 27cm by 15cm so they do happen i didnt realise they did till they told me the news n i know how painful they can be cuz i am feelin it every minute of the day which i originarly thought was due to me being pregnant but now im not quite sure. n iv got to wait till nxt wk 2 find out if my babys alive or weather my body dosent realise that hes not going ne where

I have went to the doctor several times because of cramping after my periods. I finally have come to the realization that it is during ovulation. It is only on my left side and it doubles me over. Pain medication and heating pads usually do not relieve my pain and I just have to deal with it until it goes about in about an hour and a half.

My doctor ran ultrasounds and CT and found nothing out of the ordinary, but they were not run when I was ovulating (that makes sense). However, this month, I have had another bout of cramping about a week after I ovulated.

Should I call my doctor back, or just deal with it?

my doctor told me last time i was there that i have a cist .. or cists on my overies but he didn't check i just told him what i had been feeling, i have been having pain in my overie region, uncomfortable during sex also having difficulties having sex because it feels like there is too much fluid and my boyfriend has a hard time getting it in. i did not tell my doctor the sex part but i told him about weird bowel movements , constapation and diarhea , constant urination and a lot of discharge and he told me that he thought my cists had burst and that it would clear it self up. that month the pain during sex went away and everything seemed to be better.. i then started feeling the symptoms again. and when me and my boyfriend were just play fighting one day he jumped on me and hit my stomach really hard. it was extreamly painful and later on for that day and half of the next day i had spotting, could this mean that i had another cist and it ruptured again? please let me know. i believe my doctor but i just wanted someone elses opioion.. pleaseeee reply. im worried thank you..

O and im on the pill , could that have caused the cists?

hey guys
i recently found out i have a cyst on my left ovary. the doctors said that it will burst on its own and theres nothing they can do from the outside, however it can be removed surgically(have to talk to you doctor) but it has to be a certain size etc. so for now its a waiting game, they did give me some pain meds though. and i have to take them every 4 hrs for the pain. i have a doc apt on tue but im going to try and move it to tomorrow because ive had the pain for 2 weeks and its getting worse.
i hope that helps!

I also have ovarian cysts every month that cause excruciating pain. It switches sides every month and usually accompanies spotting and heavy discharge. I went to the hospital twice for them and they said it's just from a ruptured cyst and is nothing to worry about. 2 years ago, my doctor did a laporoscopy and found nothing, although my husband said he mentioned something about a couple tiny fibroids while I was still under anesthesia, but he has never mentioned them since. I've tried 5 different kinds of birth control to help with the symptoms and even tried natural progesterone cream, but nothing works. I've had 2 miscarriages and a stillbirth and I just had 11 labs done on my blood, but have only gotten the results from 3 - progesterone, thyroid, and glucose. They were normal. I thought the progesterone was sure to be low, so now I have no idea what could be causing this. The other labs are for levels on wierd things that you don't normally have tested, but can affect a pregnancy. So, I'm more frustrated than ever because I never get any answers. Please reply if you know anything concerning this subject or have any recommendations.

My doctor also told me that ovarian cysts are common and that they usually go away on their own. That I could experience some cramping during that time, which I usually do every month. This is usually when I know I am ovulating, but be careful and monitor your pain.

About 10 years ago while I was taking a bath I had the worst sharp pain where I had to get out of the tub immediately. I laid down thinking it was just a stomach ache. The pain was constant for over an hour. I thought I had gas, did not. I thought I was constipated, was not. I finally called the doctor (gyn) and she told me to take immodium. I told her it was not that kind of pain. Anyway after a while (while trying to find a babysitter to go to the doctor) of sitting in the bathroom I started to feel nausea and faint. Anyway, I went to the ER and they take so long that I was litterally passing out waiting to be seen. When I was finally seen they said my pressure was very low, and they thought I may have ruptured my appendix. But after doing an ultrasound they found that I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured at a major artery and they would have to do exploratory surgery the next day. I had a lot of internal bleeding overnight, and ended needing 2 units of blood.

If you know their is something wrong and you start feeling faint, make sure you go to the ER. My doctor said that it was a good thing that I knew my body, or else if I just stayed home, I could have bleed to death in my sleep. Don't want to scare anyone, but take care of yourself and get checked out !