hello! my name is megginson05 recently i been to the doctor i was told i had a cyst on my right ovary.so in about six weeks i will have to return to see what needs to be done. since then, i haven`t been feeling up to doing nothing.ex:smell of certain foods makes me sick, different smells of perfumes.e.t.c. lately my husband complains of tiredness,hungry all the time.e.t.c. could i be pregnant?? also:i was wondering with the cyst being on my ovary could that also be a part of the syptoms that i`m having.but, not being pregnant. if someone could write me back with your imput?that will be very nice.

Hi! I don't know what kind of cyst you have. There are numerous types of cysts that may appear on ovaries.

Here are some:
#
Functional Cysts
These normal cysts will often shrink and disappear within two or three menstrual cycles. This type of cyst is formed during ovulation.

#
Dermoid Cysts
They are filled with various types of tissues including hair and skin.

#
Endometrioma Cysts
They form when tissue similar to the lining of the uterus attaches to the ovaries.

#
Cystadenoma Cysts
They develop from cells on the outer surface of the ovaries

#
Polycystic Ovarian Disease
Cysts that form from a buildup of follicle cysts which cause the ovaries to thicken. These cysts cause the ovaries to enlarge and create a thick outer covering which may prevent ovulation from occurring and are often the cause of fertility problems.

And the symptoms they may cause:

* pressure, fullness, or pain in the abdomen
* dull ache in the lower back and thighs
* problems passing urine completely
* pain during sexual intercourse
* weight gain
* painful menstrual periods and abnormal bleeding
* nausea or vomiting
* breast tenderness

It is extremely possible to get pregnant with a cyst on the ovary. In 2005 the doctors found I had a 4cm cyst on my right ovary, which they found because of positive pregnancy tests. At that time I learned that sometimes, certain kinds of, cysts can cause false positives. Back then the doctors wanted to follow it but I lost my health insurance and couldn't. Besides, I had Graves' Disease, and that was more important if I could afford the medications.

In December 2006 I finally conceived after 5 years of trying (I M/C Christmas night 2001 after being hit by a drunk driver). The cyst they found in 2005 however had not gone away, it only got worse. It eventually got to the size when doctors classified it as a tumor (20cm x 18cm x 18cm). I had surgery when I was 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant to remove the tumor, which luckily it was non-cancerous. I am now 15 weeks 2 days pregnant with a healthy baby.

Having a cyst is scary, and by no means have I intended to worry you more. However, sometimes they go away on their own, sometimes they do not. They do sometimes imped ovulation however and can make it difficult to get pregnant. If you are pregnant, a cyst will form (it is considered a function cyst called a corpus litum), it is formed during ovulation as the previous poster said. However this is actually good, because it helps to maintain a pregnancy in the early weeks. Also remember that cysts do not always cause pain, usually pain occurs when they twist the ovary and threaten the blood supply (which is what finally happened to mine).

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best for whatever outcome you are hoping for as far as your pregnancy.