My father has been having back problems ever since the car accident last year. Even though he has gone through all therapies and is still undergoing medicament treatment, problems with back muscles still remain. Does anyone know anything about the muscle relaxer called Baclofen? I heard it might be helpful, but honestly, I do not know much about this drug.

It is an efficient medicament that is used for patients that has multiple sclerosis. I mean, that's its first function, it can be used for other conditions, if the doctor allows it. It should help with the problems your father has because it is an excellent muscle relaxer. Still, there are some side effects that you should be aware of (headaches and nausea being the most common).

I have been using baclofen for over a year now for muscle spasms in my shoulder area. It is very effective for me. You can go on-line at Google or just search the name and you can find more info as to side effects, or contraindications. My doctor prescribed it for me...so you will need a dr's prescription.

Hope this helps you find more about baclofen!