My father is 67 years old and he has suffered a spine injury last month, when he fell down the stairs. Ever since, he has been going from one doctor to another in order to find a right treatment for his back problems. So, I have heard about baclofen pump and I have been wondering if that might help him. What are the age and weight requirements to install a baclofen pump?

Main function of baclofen is muscle relaxation. Its mechanism is based on subduing reflexes at spinal level (probably via process of hyper polarization). In this way, it relieves from muscle spasticity. This medication is primarily used in patients that suffer from multiple sclerosis, but might help people that had spinal injuries. As for the pump, it is given only if chronic usage is needed. Still, I am not certain how much it will help your father, which means that the best thing would be to talk to a doctor about this.