My mother is 59 years old and it looks like her pain problems are getting more and more serious. She was told that she has rheumatoid problems, but honestly I am not so sure anymore in that. I mean, standard anti rheumatic drugs are not helpful, and I have heard about baclofen, that it might be effective. If that is true, I would like to know how often you can refill a prescription. If you are not satisfied with her doctor's diagnose, you can always ask for a second opinion (before acting on your own).

I will tell you honestly that you should not choose medicaments so easily. I mean, it looks like your mother's condition is a serious one, and that means that treatment should be determined accordingly. Baclofen might help your mother with her back pain issues, but primarily it is a drug used for helping people that suffer from multiple sclerosis.