Hi, I was prescribed with Baclofen, for treatment of multiple sclerosis but I feel dizzy and drowsy most of the time. Is it some side effect? How can I have these side effects less expresed?

Baclofen is helping relax certain muscles, as it relieves the spasms, cramping, and tightness of muscles. It is usually prescribed in multiple sclerosis or certain injuries to the spine. Baclofen is not curing the cause of disease, it only acts on symptom- muscle spasm. It may provoke feeling dizzy and drowsy, also pay attention when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. It would be the best to avoid these activities totally, as your concentration is not on required level. Don’t drink any alcohol while you are using this medication, and if you decide to stop it, you can’t do it suddenlly, since seizures and hallucinations may develop.