Hi, folks. My brother has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know that one of the symptoms that has been bothering is spasticity. I would like to know if you could recommend me some spasticity medications for MS patients. I would really appreciate that. Thanks for all your replies. Bye, folks.

Hello to you too. Spasticity can make many problems for MS patients. Drug treatment is just one aspect of the therapy. Limb positioning is also very important here. There are many commercial products for this. There are many drugs available for dealing with MS spasticity. You should consult your brother’s doctor more about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck to your brother. Bye!

Hi, guys. There are drugs which can effectively reduce muscle spasms. Before using a medication, you should know that a certain degree of spasticity or rigidity can be useful. Tizanidine is one of the drugs that can be used. It stimulates α adrenergic receptors in the spinal cord. Baclofen can also be used. It is agonist for GABA-B receptors. It helps in reducing of releasing of excitatory neurotransmitters. I hope this was helpful. Good luck! Bye!

Hello, everyone. Baclofen can be used for severe spasticity. In those cases, it can be given intrathecally or subcutaneously through a pump. This way of drug administrating can be joined with certain complications. That is why one should be careful. Dantrolene can also be given. Benzodiazepines are also a possibility. You can consult a doctor for more details. Good luck with all! Bye!