About once a month I am having muscle spasms up on side of my neck and down one side of my face causing pain so intence that I cant put a sentence together and screaming with pain. I am fit, drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet. This has been going on for about a year and no pain killers work. does anyone have any thought that might help me?
Thank you for your time.
Hannah

I have muscle spasms almost continuously in my neck, shoulder, arm, ect and I use a heating pad. I've found that heat helps to some extent. You may want to give it a try.

massage will work for that

I ahve been ahving muscle spasms in the face and neck, mostly on the left side but intermittently on the right as well. Unfortunately massages do not help me, but they do help release some of the tension in my shoulders and upper back from compensating for these spasms. I have been told that i had Torticollis, then I didn't, then I did. The I was told it was stress related and then it wasn't. Then I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia. I had a major flare in 2006 and mild spasms on occasion from 2007-2010. In November of 2010 I had a very bad flare up. I have missed work, been on a slew of muscle relaxers, pain killers, anti depressants, seizure drugs and anxiety meds. The only things that provided temporary relief was Tegretol (very allergic), BoTox and Baclofen. At the present time I have seen a movement specialst in Lansing, MI who was very informative. I was assured that it was "not all in my head" but that there really was something neurologically wrong. He is under the impression that it could be 1 of three things. Multiple Sclerosis, Wilsons disease and Paroxsysmal Kinesigenic Dyskineisa.

I dont know how someone who is neither a doctor, or knows anything about your medical history and or pathology could blurt out - massage will work it - and have any merit to accuracy. Massage could aggrevate it, so could cold, or heat or anything until a professional assesses the source of the issue if diagnostic can determine. I have neck injury / nerve damage at the C6 vertebral level, possibly affecting the associated nerve that comes out of the spinla cord at that level. (MRI and CT scan has been done). Suggest you see a doctor, espress concerns as to severity of symptoms and insist on MRI or CT or both asap; and follow up with possible referral to a specialist; and not jsut leave it with a GP (regular doc).

oops - sorry for the Dup

i experiencing strong headache with my back head and neck also in face i experience its frozen..pls helo me what should i do?