Just joined this discussion to spread the word about Baclofen and how it is the first real way to withdraw from Suboxone (and maybe other opiates).

Baclofen is a muscle relaxer used to stop muscle spasms in spinal cord injuries, MS and cerebral palsy. Its chemical structure is similar to GABA, a brain neurotransmitter that everyone has in abundance. GABA inhibits nerve impulses and Baclofen may work in a similar fashion.

I am so sensitive to withdrawal that 1 week into withdrawal I take maybe 1/16 of a 2mg. film (1/8 mg.) and that gets me through the day.

Sorry, but Baclofen isn't going to stop many of the symptoms like stomach cramps, runny eyes/nose, anxiety and loose stools just to name a few. It works on a totally different receptors in the brain...it may help with restless legs or leg cramps a little, but not the withdrawal itself..the only way to detox from opiates with the least amount of withdrawal is a taper...face it..there is no easy fix for an opiate addiction and trust me, if there was, rest assure most of us would either know about it or have tried it, and so far to my knowledge and personal experience...one doesn't exsist! Thanks for the post...

You're wrong doe.