how long does it take effexor to get out of my system when I quit and when can I expect to see the weight gain begin to drop

I stopped using Effexor over six months ago and I gained a lot of weight. I have yet to lose any weight. I wish I would have known this before ever taking this. Have you lost any weight yet?

I thought I had a thyroid problem because I was showing many symptoms of hypothyroid. I went to my doctor and put me on Effexor and told me my thyroid was fine but I was depressed. Well, I started taking the Effexor in March 2006 and after gaining almost 60 lbs in 9 months decided to stop taking it. Even now almost a year later I have not been able to lose the weight. I had lost almost 40 lbs in 4 months before I started taking effexor but now even with the same routine and eating habit s as before I CANNOT lose the weight. If I had known the effect Effoxor would have on my weight I would never had takien it, and it had no effect on my symptoms! Stay away from Effexor!

I had the opposite - Effexor really helped me be more outgoing and confident and I ended up being a lot more active and making smart eating choices. I actually lost weight on it..and I'm still losing weight! :-) I have ADHD and am on Vyvanse, and I was worried about Effexor mellowing me out or making me "numb", but it really did the opposite. My life has become waves better.

I too have been way better on effexor.....energy level is good....and I actually feel like taking care of my self better..eating better...exercising alot....and losing weight....but I started out overweight so its all good

I do find too, if I miss a dose...anxiety is real bad.....way worse than before I went on the drug.

I kind of wish though I had not of gone on it....as I now dont know if I'll ever be able to go off.

effexor helped me gain 30 lbs that I didn't need and I too tried coming off of it and it's horrible. I lasted one day and went right back on it..I don't ever see how I can come off of it, I thought I would come out of my skin when I missed one dose...not cool. I went on it because I was diagnosed with stage IIIc cancer and couldn't take any hormone replacement after a complete and total hysterectomy--it helped with my depression immensely but 4 years later, I wish I could get rid of this weight (easier it took me months to lose even ten pounds-which I've already put back on) and just be free from this pill.

I have gained a lot of weight and suffered side effects from effexor that were NOT mentioned in the drug warning I received when I was prescribed the drug. I am looking into a class action lawsuit against the makers of this drug based on the fact that these horrible side effects are never disclosed to the consumer. If anyone is interested please email me: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use