HELP!! I'm on Effexor and have gained about 25 pounds! Not until I did some research did I find out about this side effect. This weight gain doesn't help my depression at all. What is the best diet to lose this weight? I've joined a gym and so far no results, even after whatching what I eat. There must be something out there to help other than the fad diet pills. Any specific foods to eat, not eat, any diet that works? I'll try anything at this point!
J

i know exactly how you feel! i have been taking effexor for nearly 7 months and have gained over 40 lbs. I used to be so thin, the only time i gained weight was when i was pregnant and day i left the hospital i came home in my normal jeans!!! Now, i look like a blimp, I watch what i eat, exercise etc but keep gaining. I was happy in the beginning bcause i could afford to gain a little, but now it is out of hand. my doctor told me that alot of people loose weight, not me. any recommendations would be very helpful to me. I even tried diet pills to no avail. I feel alot better taking the effexor, but this weight gain is torture. any suggestions? kathyp

I have been on Effexor for 3 years and gained 25 lbs. Five months ago I joined a medically supervised weight loss program and have been losing weight steadily. I'm now at a 40 lb. weight loss. I do about 1500 calories of exercise per week(roughly equal to 150 minutes of swimming per week). Maybe I would lose faster if I didn't take the Effexor but at 37.5 mg it makes me feel better and I know I can take the weight off. The diet is easy to follow and I eat plenty of food. Hope this helps. Jane

i even tried the acai berry weight loss thing while being on efexor and it does not work for me. someone i know lost 6 kilos in 3 weeks. me, nothing. all i had wa sshakes with it the whole time too, i dont over eat. i am on efeor and have been on it since i was 12 weeks pregnant, my baby is now 5 months old and i havent got any weight loss. i am at my wits end. the father of my chils says its just baby weight and has nothing to do with the efexor but i feel it is the antidepressant. does anyone know of an anti depressant that doesnt make u put on weight? its a bit of a cath 22 here, i want to be normal for my baby but not fat.