I'm just really curious about the difference between what shedding your unterine linning looks like compared to a clot...whats the difference in the two? i hear a lot of people saying they have clots and i always assumed it was just the uterine linning shedding each month, but maybe it is a clot %-) very confused so some clarifying would be great!

Hi honey! During menstruation the body releases Anticoagulants to thin the lining of your uterus so it becomes liquid! So when you uterus sheds the lining too quickly - so the anticoagulant cannot thin it - it becomes a clot! They are the same thing!

o okay...thanks for clearing that up!! :-D so then why do some people say clots are bad? %-) i think i get them a lot, especially in the morning when i wake up, is that because i don't really bleed at night?

Hi honey! The clots ARE bad because it is MAJOR bleeding! Many women who have constant clots, feel lethargic, run down, anemica etc. That said clots are a normal part of the shedding process! The uterus has a lining that is somewhat fleshy (just like a clot) so IF the anticoagulants aren't working correctly you will have more clots that usual! IF this is a problem and yu do get that BLAH feeling, I would advise you to go see a doctor - he might just put you on a baby asprin - to help with the liquifying of the uterine lining! BUT only do that with his advice OK? Also when you wake up in the morning the blood will have been left behind a little - as you are laying on your back, so when you sit up, there will be a gush of blood and lining from your uterus that has been lying there all night!

So then there is something wrong, like what can cause the anticoaglants not to work? beacuse i'm on my period now, and when i woke up this morning and went to the bathroom, a clot the size of like a quarter or nickel came out, its only that bad in the morning though, but when i wipe i get like blood with tiny think things. so if thats bad then i'm really scared something is wrong, its been like that every since i got my period, i think anyway. but you said if my uterus sheds it too quickly it will be a clot, its that bad if my uterus does that? I do feel blah, and could sleep for ever, i got a blood test done before and my iron and vit. b12 were extremley low so i'm taking vitamins for that, my thyroid is also not working properly (hypothyroidism)...i'm really nervous now!!

OH NO!!!! Don't be nervous - it just happens with certain women and sometimes on different months! Since your iron is so low and you have the clots - this would make sense! RU taking Iron every day or B12? You can also get an Iron shot - as some people can't handle pills! This happens to a LOT of women - including myself honey! So don't worry OK? Just increase your iron - spinach etc, and ALWAYs take Vitamin C with Iron to let it absorb easier!

Okay...good to know!...I was worried there and now I feel like an id**t :$ Ya I take Palafer (sp?) every night for iron treatment, they said to take it at night so it absorbes better, but my iron is still low, well my doc said it on the bubble of being perfect but ya, still isn't, so I will try the Vitamin C thing, I think its so low because I don't really eat meat (i'll have like chicken once a week if that) and I guess because I clot (so I guess it gets worse when i'm on my period?). And I take two 1000mg of Vitamin B12 everyday, one in the morning and one at night and now thats perfect. There's iron shots? how often do you have to do that? I hate needles though!! o.O but ya i was forced to learn how to swallow pills, still struggle but i do it...i'm pretty good at remembering them, but it is really annoying!

Thanks though! :-D

I was just wondering... I think ive got my period but the uterus lilning is so thin i dont even really notice it much! and the blood is bright red. My period started off brown with a good deal of lining and then transitioned into bright red with not a lot of lining. is this normal? sorry im just very confused :/

The bright red I would think that would be because of the increase of iron in your body

Hello. I am new to this site. My uterine lining is thin.  I took Provera 14 days.  Did not work- made pink areas for 2 days.  Now estrogen for 20 days and on day 16 provera then estrogen overlap, and then provera, per the instruction.

I feel like c**p about this! Another month trying to build up a uterine lining.

Has anyone gone through this and ended up with sucess stories?  I need to talk with someone who has been through this.

Concerned.

I'm in menopause and on natural hormone replacement therapy to thicken up my uterine lining as it is very thin and dry...not fun :( I would ONLY use natural (bio-identical) hormones. I took them orally at first but with age I now need to also insert a natural estriol cream directly into my vagina a few nights per week. Seems to be working ... I just need to remember to do it. There are three naturally occurring estrogens in women. These are: estrone (E1) estradiol (E2) estriol (E3) Of these Estradiol (E2) is the most common form found in nonpregnant females. Estradiol levels vary through the menstrual cycle, with levels highest just before ovulation. From menarche to menopause the primary estrogen is 17β-estradiol. After the reproductive age, when a woman has achieved menopause, estrone or E1 becomes that primary estrogen. Estrone is weaker than estradiol. Similarly during pregnancy estriol is the primary estrogen. Estriol is considered a weak estrogen as well. It has been postulated that estrone is a “bad” estrogen and may be the cause of estrogen’s cancer-causing properties, while estriol is a “good” estrogen and may protect against cancer. Estradiol is probably neutral. There is no definite scientific evidence to prove this hypothesis however. Good luck. Hope this help you ;)

I have been shedding clots for this entire month. Should Ibrush it off or see my doctor?

when i have my period it hurts really bad that i cant breath what does that mean??

Go see a doctor if you have been bleeding for an entire month. I too had bleeding for over a month and had to be put on hormones to take care of it. Don't wait.

i have heard that when your lining sheds frequently in large clumps that this is not normal and could be a sign of something more, is this true?