I am a 45 y/o female, I have brown spotting the week before my period. This has been going on for a year now. I have been using Nuvaring for 5 years with no problems before this. I just went in for a pap, doc called and said the cervical pap was fine, but I had endometrial cells and she wants me to go for tests. I refused the biospy and I am having a transvaginal ultrasound next week. I have no pain before, during or after my period. Some cramps here and there but no big deal. My doc asked if intercourse was painful and I had to be honest and say I don't know, it has been 23 months since I had any...she looked a little shocked since she knows my hubby, but hey I need to be truthful to get good care.
What is the spotting? What are these cells? Why am I so freaked out! Seriously I am on pins and needles with this.

it is not uncommon when one is using a form of birth control to spot ... the brownish discharge is only old blood nothing to be concerned with. i know it seems odd for this to be happening. however often times because you cant clean up there efficently old blood remains on the uteral lining from a previous menstration period. you may want to look into doucheing as this is better likely to clean out the area. spotting is just simply a drainage of excess blood typically and it is increased when taking any form of birth control.

HERE'S SOME INFO ON ENDOMETRIAL CELLS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU

Endometrial cells on pap smear can be suppressed with immune boosting a natural remedy, supressing viruses like human papillomavirus. These tissues may be shed into the cervix when a woman is close to menses. As a rule, abnormal test results are diagnosed as ASCUS with more Papanicolaou test taken in 6 months. If this occurs in pre-menopausal women, there is nothing to worry about. Endometrial cells on pap smear can be suppressed with immune boosting a natural remedy, supressing viruses like human papillomavirus.
Just select from the Research Topics on the adjacent gray column for easy viewing of important articles. If this is your first visit, click here for a brief summary of this website.

Pap Smear Understanding, Anal Pap Smear, Hysterectomy Pap Smear, Pap Smear Test Results, Pap Smear Inflammation, Abnormal Cells In Pap Smear, Pap Smear Cost, Endometrial Cells Pap Smear, Preparing For A Pap Smear.

Endometrial Cells On Pap Smear - a natural remedy, Human Papillomavirus
Post-menopausal women cannot have such results due to shedding of the tissue and need to have more exams except women who are having HRT (hormone replacing therapy). They frequently show the presence of unexpected tissues in a sample, yet it is unlikely to be related to cancer. Endometrial cells on pap smear can be suppressed with immune boosting a natural remedy, supressing viruses like human papillomavirus.