I had an episiotomy, and doctor told me that the stitches used to repair your incision would dissolve in about two weeks. He warranted I might see small pieces of the stitches in my underwear as my episiotomy heals. He said it is normal and is no cause for concern. However, since I developed hemorrhoids after my pregnancy I am afraid of everything. Can you tell me more about those two post partum consequences?

Immediately after birth with episiotomy, whenever swelling is present, you should use an ice pack for comfort. You may also use a portable sits bath or sit in a shallow amount of warm bath water. Repeat three to four times a day for about 10 minutes each time until problem with swelling has gone. Episiotomy pain usually improves daily, but you could take a mild pain reliever, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen if needed. Many women find that sitting on a hard surface is usually more comfortable if they squeeze their buttocks together and hold the contraction while they are sitting down. Keep the perineum dry and wear cotton underwear to improve this problem. Many women develop hemorrhoids during pregnancy and after giving birth so that is noting unusual. Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the rectum caused by the weight and pressure of the baby and the force of pushing during giving birth. Hemorrhoid pain may be relieved with ice packs, ice-cold pads, so this will help you with problems, both episiotomy and hemorrhoids. I would like to give you advice to avoid constipation by including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet and by drinking many fluids.