I have a quick question about the swelling to expect after a Hemorrhoidectomy! 

I had two hemorrhoidectomies done last week, one on Wednesday (the 13th) and then one on Friday (15th), as the thrombosed hemorrhoid wasn't fully removed the first time, and came back. I'm aware that swelling and pain are expected, as surgery is taxing on the body. I'm just a little paranoid after having to have the second surgery, and I'd like to prevent as much discomfort as I can. 

The swelling that I have currently looks sort of like three smallish hemorrhoids (smaller than a paint ball), but they're thinner than the thrombosed one, they're also more flesh toned. 

This sounds like swollen skin tags, right? Not hemorrhoids? 

If anyone's gone through the surgery, and has any advice or answers, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you all so much! 

I had lots of swelling after my hemorrhoidectomy, for the first two weeks. . I used an ice pack wrapped in a thin towel to ease swelling Several times a day.  I also sat on a soft pillow rather than sit on hard chairs,  but it was much more comfortable to lie down or walk. The donut cushion that felt good before surgery was not good after the surgery as it put pressure in the wrong place.  Hot baths were a lifesaver too, Probably 2-4 times per day. Portable sitz bath was not comfortable the first 10 days but fine after that to help clean area and reduce swelling. doctor would not let me take ibuprofen, because I am anemic, but I think that might have helped.  Then you must avoid constipation or straining. I had to take dulcolax stool softeners 3 times per day and sennekot laxative one time per day for first week, then continued stool softeners for 2 more weeks. Try to drink water throughout the day too. You will get through this. I am now 4 months post surgery and it was worth it. Hang in there....

I had swelling too after surgery and it did go down. I got in the shower after each BM to spray myself off. I would first wipe my butt cheeks at the toilet, but didn't go near the anus. I used the shower for that and it really helps to get it very clean without the rubbing.

I can't imagine going through a second surgery so soon! Yikes! I hope you feel better soon. Watch your BMs to make sure they improve in size. I developed scar tissue and it's preventing me from having a normal movement. I wish I would have pushed the issue earlier (my surgeon just told me to have patience and it would improve).