Just delivered my baby on oct. 28 and my stomach or pelvic or something still hurts, cant really explain the pain and my vagina feels a little pain if i sit straight up!!!! didn't get stiches also. Whats wrong??? Is this normal? How long is this pain gonna last for? Oh and there is some thick mucus that comes out of my vagina too and i don't know why? the color is yellow/with a little of white stuff. The doctor said i had some bacteria in me also so they gave me the gel injection for 5 nights...hope this is enough info for you to help me...

The pain of childbirth may linger for several weeks after vaginal delivery. After pains are normal, expect to feel them for several days after birth as your uterus contracts. Contractions occur to prevent heavy bleeding and to enable the uterus to return to its normal size. Cramps can be eased by lying on your stomach and by taking mild pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. If you experience severe discomfort, use ice packs, which may offer some relief. Ice numbs the area and helps reduce swelling. After 24 hours, a warm bath or soaking in a sitz tub several times a day can help. Other remedies for pain include numbing sprays, witch-hazel compresses, walking to stimulate circulation and practicing your Kegel exercises. Pads soaked in hemorrhoid medication can be kept in the freezer, then placed on the sore area, they provide excellent relief. As for the vaginal discharge, initially it is heavier than your period and often containing clots, vaginal discharge gradually fades to white or yellow and then stops within 2 months. I hope this will help.