I had a vaginal birth 4 weeks ago.... for the past week I have felt cramping in my stomach after evening dinners and now am experiencing painful bloody stools with a bit of bloody mucus. Is this something that many new mothers experience? I have not been able to find any reading material on the subject.

The pain and the bleeding are probably from constipation and hemorrhoids, almost every woman has them after giving birth, myself included.

Straight after birth, I couldn't go at all and then I got constipated and the hemorrhoids started bleeding and during BM I could feel a sharp pain like a cut being made-awful.

I would sometimes feel the pain and itchiness during the day even when not having BM.

I don't know about the mucus though. SOrry :-(

Hallo,
Unfortunately I think that you are having problems with hemorrhoids. Usually if a woman experiences bleeding after delivery it is caused by the hemorrhoids that form during your birth or in the last trimester. Are you having difficulties when having a bowel movement? Sometimes women experience constipation which than cause more problems and only aggravates the hemorrhoid problem. Do you know what are sitz baths? They are usually the treatment for the hemorrhoids because they help relax the anal muscle where the hemorrhoids form. Just use warm water and don’t put any soap or something similar in the bath because it won’t help and will only make the situation more painful.
I hope this helped a bit