Hi, my doctor suggested me to try Plaquenil as I couldn’t stand NSAIDs due to peptic ulcer. But, now I experience eyes pain, headaches and even severe migrain. I consider even stopping it because it’s giving me more troubles then benefit.

Hi, Plaquenil is an antimalaric drug also used in rheumatoid diseases. It’s generic name is hydroxychloroquine sulfate. If you believe that your health is not improved but even worse then before, you should change therapy. At first, I had great relief from this drug, but later side effects developed mostly headaches bothered me. My eyes are painful, sometimes swollen and irritated, so I need to close them and take a break for some time. I tried for a couple of weeks to take a lower doses. Constant headaches and cramping stomach, a long with dizziness led to stopping this drug. I was diagnosed to have lupus.