I’ve noticed lately that my eyes look somehow deep in my head. It really looks strange - like I have two black holes in my facial area, not eyes. My friend tells me that this is called ‘sunken eyes’. Is there such a thing really? What causes sunken eyes and how do I get rid of it?

The symptoms you described really refer to a condition called sunken eyes. The usual cause is dehydration - there are several levels of dehydration and you have probably been administering much lesser amounts of liquid then necessary for proper functioning of your organism for a longer period of time. Correcting this by getting enough water and beverages should do the trick. Another possible reason is tiredness. If you are not having enough sleep your eyes may sunk deep and look a bit strange, but it’s nothing that a good sleep cannot change. Mixture of almond oil and honey is proven to be beneficial when applied to your eyes’ area, as well as the consumption of almonds together with milk for 21 days. There is also a procedure called autologous fat transplantation which can help you get rid of sunken eyes, but several treatments are necessary.

so is autologous fat transplantation the only way to get rid of the sunken eyes? or will gaining fat/weight with enough intake of water and proper treatment of what u stated do the trick? :)

I had Lasic Surgery one month ago, and noticed that my eyes are sunken in now. I was told that it wouldn't be from the Lasic, but I can physically see and feel the difference. Am I the only one and what should I do?

I am a 25-year-old man and have been experiencing repeated wet dreams to the point that i feel exhausted and anxious. unfortunately it's the sunken eyes that annoys me most of all and I have no idea how to get rid of it fast and clean. Indeed some say eating things like almond  helps, yet I'm not sure of that.

I've read the other posts concerning sunken eyes and dehydration but i want to know what can i do to cure the sunken eyes. indeed my problem is not that of dehydration because i drink tons of water everyday!

I'll be glad to recieve your suggestion.

In regards to sunken eyes, if dehyration is in fact a main cause you should know that despite drinking lots of water may not help unless you have minerals, electrolytes in the water.

Evelyn1, I also had the lasik surgery and also feel my eyes are sunken in. My right eye hurts and feels even more sunken in than the left one. I am very worried.

I too had lasik surgery a year ago and now my eyes are sunken.

Im a 21 year old male, and i've developed sunken eyes too, like eyes are deep down inside my head.
this could potentially be bacause of the fat loss ive had over the last 6 months
Please tell me what is a good cure of this other then drinking water, and good sleeep

Hello everyone,

There is a point one should know clearly before taking any step to solve this problem. People confuse between dark circles caused by fatigue, malnutrition, dehydration... and "hollow eyes" where eyes are deeply seated in the eye socket.

Both lead to similar appearance: dark eye area and a tired look.

To tell the problem, look into the mirror close, in a good lighted environment and check the color of the skin surrounding the eye, and compare to the skin color of the face.

If it is darker, then do the steps im going to mention in section (I) later.

If the color of the skin is normal (like the skin of the face), then you probably have hollow eyes, and it should show in pictures where your eye area appear darker (shadow effect caused by eyebrow ridge ). Follow (II)

(I) Treatment

1) Drink alot, WATER!
2) Eat fruits and vegetables
3)Sleep well, and use sunglasses whenever possible.
4) And most importantly, clean your intestines, there are liquid solutions you can find in the pharmacy. In fact, dark circles and lids are directly related to unhealthy intestines.

II) Go to a good doctor and tell him your story, because this can be caused by many things. Contracted eye sockets, thyroid problems, hormonal imbalance, vitamin deficiencies can cause this problem.

However, most common reason is either an enlarged eye socket or a lack of orbital fat underneath the eyeballs. Both require surgical procedures, but it can solve your problem permanently if worked well.

I have the same problem. I lost a lot of weight quickly and now my eyes are sunken. Will putting weight back on increase the orbital fat (fat around your eyes) or is fat transplantation the only option?

I just noticed recently that my eyes seem sunken in more than usual. I lost 30 lbs 3 years ago. Since then have gained 5 lbs back. Have been under a lot of stress last 2 years with ailing parents. In May I started taking probiotics which helped my IBS. I take them everyday. Then I started taking Omega 3 Fish Oil, and Fruit & veggie powder capsules by Natures Way.

I have not felt well the last couple of weeks. Could be my allergies. I've had headaches. Back of my neck aches. My back aches in the middle. My stomache has been hurting or feeling nauseated. I've been a little stopped up. I also have hypothyroidism, but was last checked in July and my levels were fine.

So I'm wondering if all my ailments and sunken eyes are just stress, fatigue, allergies, or possibly caused by these new supplements. Or maybe the new supplements have changed my thyroid levels and that is why I do not feel well.

Can taking probiotics on a daily basis be too much? Anyone else out there who takes probiotics, Omega 3 fish oil, or fruit & veggie powder pills, have sunken eyes as well?

I had lasik 2 and a half years ago and my eyes have become much more sunken ever since the procedure .. it has aged me hugely and I deeply regret the operation... They feel unnaturally placed in my head and the eye muscles are stiff too.. others have noticed the sunken appearance .. not just me. Anyone know why this can happen after Lasik..is it because they are drier and therefore dehydrated?
L.

Sometimes just drinking more water tather than beer when smoking so much dope an or taking other halucinigens or Cocaine or speed, Ectasy, etc, will help, otherwise, lay of the drugs for awhile for an honest opinion. that is the nmbner one cause in sunkey eye syndrome. And a very close grouped look too. Seen it year in, year out as an MD. :'(

I imagine if you don't over do it with the supplements it should be fine. As to the symptoms you suffer from, it sound like you may have another condition. I have all the symptoms you are suffering from and it sounds like Chronic Fatigue or Coeliac