I don't know what happened, but I noticed yesterday that the bridge of my nose is very tender to the touch. To touch my nose to wash or even to put on make up really hurts. I don't have any cuts, scrapes or anything on my nose and there is no bruising either. I have been teasing my fiancee about elbowing me in the middle of the night because it felt like someone hit my on the nose, but today I have a headache and my neck is hurting. I have been searching the net all morning to try to figure out what this, but I'm not getting anywhere. Any ideas?

I am having the same issue with my nose. I have been telling my husband for 3 days that he hit me in our sleep but now I'm thinking that may not be it. My head is pounding and has been all day along with my neck and upper back. The bridge of my nose is swollen, a bit red and terribly sore. Just to wrinkle my nose is extremely painful. Anyone have any advice?

I noticed that the bridge of my nose is very tender to the touch. To touch my nose to wash or even to put on make up really hurts. I don't have any cuts, scrapes or anything on my nose and there is no bruising either. I have been teasing my husband about elbowing me in the middle of the night because it felt like someone hit my on the nose, but now I have a headache and my neck is hurting. I have been searching the net to try to figure out what this, but I'm not getting anywhere. Any ideas?

I have the same thing. Could you tell me what you found out and/or what you did??? Thanks.

Why is there no answer to these questions

I have the same thing going on with me! The bridge of my nose started killing me for no apparant reason. I recently got over a virus and so went to the docs and he :'( has put me on an antibiotics, also tablets used for migrane to ease the pain. It's day 4 now and it is still really painful but I keep getting hot sweats too. He said it was a nasal infection but what infection I don't know still?

I get the same problems. Started about two years ago. Mine are sinus infections. The nasal cavity is inflammed. Sometimes I even get a wierd smell in my nose. Sorta like the smell of a motor burning on a small appliance like a blender overheating. Over the counter sinus headache pills and sinus/allergy pills seem to help the most. Also an anti-inflammatory pill (like naproxen or aleve) help with the swelling.

Well I'm glad to see I'm not alone with this bizarre malady. This happened to me once before like a year ago and lasted maybe a day. Very mysterious and I never thought anything of it afterwards. But now it's happened again.

I woke up yesterday morning with the bridge of my nose pinkish, swollen and sore and here it is the following evening and it's still the same. I'm assuming it's somehow sinus related because I have a slight aggravating sinus-type headache focused in the center of my forehead, but nothing seems to be helping. I've taken Claritin, Advil and Sudafed, you'd think something would work! WTF?

Sinus infection-

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Were you able to find out any information . I just started having this pain on the bridge of my nose and through the septum in my nose. no history of trauma. Would like to know what you found out. thanks.

Oh geez, I've searched Google up and down looking for info on this topic! I have had pain up and down the bridge of my nose for 3 days now, just woke up one morning and there it was. When I blow my nose small blood clots come out. I do feel a little congestion in my nose, but I can breath fine through my nose thank god! I wasn't hit in the nose or anything I can think of to trigger such pain, yes it does hurt and it's annoying that I can't figure out what the heck is going on. In a few days if it has not gotten better I think I'll make a doctor's appointment. Thank you for all the advice everyone has posted so far and luck!

I have the same mysterious ailment. I happen to live in Japan, where we have national healthcare. As a result they'll do things you won't get in the states so easily. I went to a local clinic with my problem and when they couldn't find anything obvious they actually stuck a laparoscope up there. And you know what they found? . . . Nothing.

I woke up a couple of days ago with pain through the bridge of my nose - actually, just below where my glasses sit on my nose. It seems a little tender around my eyes as well, and I have a headache. My neck hurts, but then that's kind of a constant. :-( I've had sinus infections before, but never with any pain in the bridge of my nose. Did anyone ever find out anything conclusive about this...is it a sinus infection?

I have the same symptoms. Head ache, neck ache, and very tender at bridge of my nose. I purchased a Homemedic vibrator to use at the base of my neck. On a whim I placed it on the bridge of my nose and noticed instant temporary relief. I applied pressure and began sneezing like crazy ( relief) and my nasal passages released a clear substance almost like tears. The relief is almost total but alas temporary. Advil Cold and Sinus is very helpful, but caution not to take more than recommended dosage nor more than a day or two in a row. Hot showers and caffein are helpful but do not completely ward off the headache. I went to an ENT certain that it was my sinuses, I had a splitting headache and all symtoms while he did the exam. I was flabbergasted to hear him say that my sinuses were perfectly clear. Now, I am inclined to believe that they are tension headaches that behave like a sinus headache. I have read this exists. Regular exercise, like yoga , bodyconditioning, pilates I think helps. Also, I am going to get a night guard as these headaches may be brought on in part by teeth grinding. My life is probably not more tension ridden than anyone else. I came here to see if anyone else has had any luck by trial and error. Good luck, I can relate to all of you.

I have been dealing w/ this nose swelling for over 3 months now. I have seen primary doc > 5 times and have also seen ENT, both thought allergies w/ inititially it being as sinus/nasal infection. I have been taking allegra and astelin, which have had minor effects. I also took aleve for a while when it was really bad and that didn't seem to help. The ENT diagnosed me w/ allergic rhinitis, likely due to the increase in mold in our area. So if you have been suffering like myself for all summer, you might not get relief until the first hard frost.