I'm 58yrs old have lived on every kind of opiod I think imagineable for 9yrs my diagnosis will NOT get better unless by Divine Intervention so I want to live as independently as possible! My home is starting to look like a 65yr old ladies home with her things all around her & noticing the walls haven't been washed in years or painted the windows are in need of deep cleaning no less alterations! I can not do this myself but my Husband has to work and I only get my SSD once a month & now that the GOV has halted the Annual Living Increase "Thanks Obama" its even more evident to me I have to get on the right medications that will help me carry on with living! Not just surviving & the telivision set! COme on //
So, all summer I spoke with my Pain Management Doctor about the Fentanyl Patch he said wait until the summer is over .. For the last 2yrs prior I had been on Morphine 60mg 3 times a day with 10/500mg Lortab also known as Hydrocodone a day .. I seen my Pain Mgm Doctor last November 4th he prescribed the Fentanyl Patch 25mcb/hl Patch every 72hrs along with the 10/500mg Lortab/Hydrocodone. The first day seemed rather normal my appetite seemed to just come back I slept like a child then day 3 I felt dead as if ALL my strength just vanished! My huband said, "clean up the sticky area after removing he patch" I could NOT wait till the FULL 72hrs! I was imcomprehenseable I mean afterall 180mg of Morphine a day with the added 10//500 Lortab 3 times a day how could he think for one minute I would NOT immediatley have withdrawals?????
I liked the first day everything about it to feel so all alone isn't right. I have left a phone all in & his Assistant is to call me back tomorrow & also make a new appt for me for this upcoming Wednesday the 18th ..
I want a better Miligram of Fentanyl and more of the breakthrough medications as well this way if I have a bad day I'm covered.
Why does it seem like they are always wondering if you are legit or not?
For God sakes the years I spent proving to the United States Government that my body has gone through too many injuries & accidents to handle the simpliest of task and after their own people approving me after 3years of toil! I would much rather be independent & work & going on with a happy go lucky life than this one chosen from accident, and injuries leaving me helpless and hopless. The only real relief I have is a good moments sleep or a good movie that takes my mind off of how untolerably boring I have become .. I was so full of life and now I watch life on the television & out my window ..
Shame on those facilities, agencies, and organizations, that try so hard to nigate how horrible it really is to live with Pain 24/7 365days in a year .. Anbody what to trade my place?
GBU

I am so sorry to hear that you have been living like that and that you have had such a hard time. It sounds very much to me like you're very depressed. Have you spoken to anyone about it like a counselor or a doctor?

I too take hydro 10/500 5x's a day and fentanyl 25 mcg hr. I have chronic body pain and a fractured L5 verterbra. I'm also in chronic lung rejection after a lung transplant from cystic fibrosis. I can't do anything on my own hardly. Bathing is a job and I need help. I feel like my pm dr thinks I don't really hurt. The way he questions me and second guesses everything. I'm afraid he'll cut me off. I've experienced w/d's and its nothing nice.