I am new here. I have recently lost my doctor of, he retired. I started treatment with a new one. I have been on Oxycontin since 1999 and it worked well for me, I didn't have any side effects. But this new doctor won't prescribe it. He has tried me on Fentanyl patch and Kadian which I have had side effects with both. He prescribed hydoxyzine for the allergic affects and I didn't know it was a sedative...I can't function with this medication. I have had knee, lumbar, and cervical surgeries with the use of pedicle screw. What I should do about this?

Why your new doctor wouldn't RX OxyContin, but would give you fentanyl patches and morphine is beyond me. Hydroxyzine is actually an antihistamine and I know that lot of people can't tolerate them and narcotics together. I am in that group of people. After my experience with fentanyl patch I'd rather live with the pain. I think I’ve experienced almost every side effect that is possible. Docs tried to con me into surgery on my neck and back, but I didn't buy it. As you probably already know all medications work different on everyone.