I stopped wearing the fentanyl patches and started using suboxone to get off the patches, I did the treatment for 3-4 months, but it just wasnt helping with my arthritis pain, so I went to my rheumatoid doc and he prescribed me the patches. I started to abuse them, like I did once before, but I'm back down to the normal dose. If theres anyone out the abusing the patches and eventually having to go through withdrawals,please,please dont. its hell to go through the withdrawals. if anyone needs to talk,write back and good luck

Hi I was suffering servere back pain 5 months ago and prescibed Oromorth (Morphine) it had little effect, it was then I was told about
Fentanyl patches and started me on 25 mcg of cause this did'nt have any effect at all.The doctor said we will give higher dose ,eventually on 125 mcg every 3 days as you know, taking both Oromroph and patches I was extremly poorly,so I came off the Oromorph completely, at one stage I was taking 60 ml a day plus patches. He said nothing about coming off them but after the opperation and I read disturbing reports about reducing the dosage.
I have been to hell and back ,pleased to say I am down to 75mcg but what agony Ive been through. The doctor now says when I go to 50 mcg
take a little Oromorph to compensate the difference,having already come this far I dont want to go back on Oromorph,but at same time I can not face the Fentanyl reduction and its problems etc.
What would be your advice be having done the same,and as my little bit of info helped you .Ps i also have R/Arthritis :-( Brian[/list]