I am in my first week of taking the pill and started on the first sunday of my period. I have now been having my period for 6 days and this is irregular for me. My periods normally last 4-5 days. How long should my first period last on my first pack of pills. I have never used the pill before so I am confused how this is all supposed to be working. Any feedback on your first period on the pill would be really appreciated. I am getting married in May and was hoping to have everything regular by then, do you think this is possible?

Thanks so much!

youre first few periods on the pill will usually last a little bit longer than normal but will go to being around 2 - 3 days long. its definitely possible for your periods to be regular by May, as long as you take it at the same time everyday . if you miss a pill or timing is messed up, it could mess with your period but it wont be anything to worry about .

Thank you, I just hope I won't be having it for our wedding and honeymoon. Before I started the pill I was going to miss them both based on my normal calendar, but now I don't know and am feeling a little uneasy about it all.

Thank you! Any other knowledge you could share would be awesome! I am still a little confused why you start taking the active pills when you are on your period, in my mind I will be having another period in a few weeks because the inactive pills are only 2 weeks away, is this normal? My doctor didn't really explain anything to me and just gave me the perscription (granted I didn't ask questions either because I was nervous).