So I've been thinking this over lately and as soon as summer started I went to the gyno to start birth control. I've been taking Lo Loestrin Fe (its the lowest dosage possible since this is my first time being on birth control and its a combined pill) and I've been taking it religiously for a month and a week now. The latest I've ever taken a pill is about an hour or so late (sometime last month) but I've been told that that's not TOO bad and that I should be fine. But for the last week I've been taking my pills right on time as usual.

as for STDs, I myself have had an ex but I was tested for STDs when I went to get my birth control prescription and came out clean, and my boyfriend was a virgin when we first had sex (we've been using condoms up until now). 
and I've been told that there's a very, very small chance of pregnancy if I've been taking my pills correctly.

basically I'm wondering if because I'm on a very low dosage if there may be some higher risk of becoming pregnant, versus being on a pill with a higher hormone dosage. AND if its a bit more dangerous if you're ovulating (I started today) and you have sex while on birth control.

The most important thing that determines how big are you chances of getting pregnant while you are on birth control pill is how regular and accurate you are in taking it (exception is when you have to take medications that could have effects on BC pill). But, I feel that you didn't get the right explanation about what low-dose combined pill means - that is the lowest dose of two hormones that is effective in preventing pregnancy in high percentage. The other thing is - the way that birth control pills prevent pregnancy (all of them) is by stopping your ovulation. So, after two weeks being regular with the pill chances are pretty big that they have already done that.

I take my pill right on time every night but I was just a bit confused about the ovulation though because I still bleed a little when I'm supposed to be on my period and I thought I started ovulation today because there was more discharge than usual and when I looked on my little calender thing, I should've started ovulation today.

You would have started ovulating if you weren't on the pill, but since you are, skipped pills have bigger chance of triggering ovulation more than anything else, regard;less of the time in the month or the dates of your period. That's why I said they should explained these things bit clearer - when you are on the BC pill your menstrual cycle and ovulation are not the same as they were. It's not uncommon at all to experience spotting or discharge during the first months on birth control, but it goes away fairly soon.

I'll do more research before I do anything stupid lol and thanks for the info I really appreciate it :)