I have always had regular periods. They would come very 25 th day and last 6-7 days. Some people say too quickly and too long but I was ok with it as it came regular and I had no problems. Two months ago I started taking birth control pills and the first period I got was so weird. It was just light spotting I never had before. It lasted 3 days and that was it. I am 2 days late this month and am freakin’ worried. How do birth control pills influence periods? Thank you for your time

Birth control pills work by decreasing the amount of endometrial tissue formed each month during ovulation. When the time comes to shed the lining (the time of the month), the flow is decreased as well as the menstrual cramps. There are cases when only little tissue is formed and a woman experiences little or no flow at all. However, you should know that birth controls are not almighty. There is 1% chance that you may get pregnant while on pills. This is why you should take the pills at the same time each day.

I need some assistance on this my husband works in different country and we had decided to go on birth control he is going to visits me after 12 days and my period started today on 23feb, can i start taking pills during my periods and go on continuous till further , while his visits is there is any chance that i can be get pregnant . My question is actually about that i use to hear that before making love we should take 21 days course of a birth control pill , but in my case i will be having only 12 days to cover up. , please advise in this situation what shoul d i do , we dont want to go for condoms .