so i'm 19 years old. On sunday i will be starting my first pack of birth control ever. I'm real curious and i have a LOT of questions, which for the most part my doctor answered. BUT here was one i forgot to ask and didn't remember until i got home. Sunday i will be seeing my boyfriend and yes there is a definite chance that we will have sex. Since that will be my first day, will it be ok to have sex and him release inside me? Or will that be too soon and not enough time for the birth control to take effect? Thank you for your help...

Absolutely not. You need to wait atleast 7 days before having unprotected sex. Even then (sounding exactly like my doctor) you shouldn't.

read the leaflet VERY carefully. it depends what kind of pill you're on. I wouldn't risk in I recently started my first pack and I'm waiting a couple of weeks. there's nothing wrong with using both infact it'll give you increased protection. sometimes the pill does fail. the pill tricks your body into thinking you're prgnent , it does this by increasing the eostrogen hormone. remember that you have to digest the pill first, then the hormones can get to work. it may be a couple of days before it's safe.

pregnancy is not instant, it takes 6 to 8 days from unprotected sex for the egg and sperm to fuse and attatch to the lining of the womb. Which is why leaflets claim you are protected from the first pill. Because by the time the egg is trying to attatch to the wall of the uterus the pill will have taken effect.

This does NOT mean its clever to have sex on the first day of pill taking.
its best to wait a full cycle before having sex. because, (as I said on your other post I think) - you don't know how you are going to react to the pill yet.