Hi there, 

I had unprotected sex after 4 days on my first pack of contraceptive pills, he did pull out however. Should I be worried or will the contraceptive be effective by now?

Thanks

If you started the pill on the first day of your period, it is technically supposed to be effective immediately. Otherwise, birth control pills claim to be effective after seven consecutive days. Either way, you are advised to use backup during the first month of starting birth control. Some people use backup the first three months just to be safe...as your body adjusts to the pill. Paranoid people like me always use backup. Haha :) I would be a bit concerned since the pill may or may not have taken effect yet, depending on when you started it. Call your doctor or pharmacist. If it has been three days or less since having intercourse, you can discuss emergency contraception with them as an option if necessary.