Hello! I have a month old baby. I am breastfeeding and everything was fine till yesterday. I noticed she didn't eat well and she was crying a lot, but she had no fever. Today she has fever and I don't know if I may give her some paracetamol since I heard it is usually given to babies without consequences. I also heard that the dosage depends on weight. What should I do?

Hello! It is true; Paracetamol is usually given to babies and children since it is considered to be the safest medicine in treatment of fever and pain. But, it is not given to babies under three months. So, please don't give any medicine to your baby without consultation to your doctor. You also have to know if a child has a low fever many doctors suggest not giving any medicines at all, since high temperature is the sign that the body is fighting against the infection. We have to allow the immune system to fight and if we lower the temperature we can make this system less effective.