Hello moms.

I need a good advice that can relieve me and my baby girl of this colicky pain. She is 7 months old and I am still breastfeeding her. Whatever I did, nothing helped her. I see that she is suffering, she can't sleep and I can't stand seeing her in this type of torture. What can I do? I was reading that switching to baby formula is a good idea, that this can help, but I am not sure. I mean, she is 7 months old and I don't know can I do that? What do you think? Tnx! 

hi there. you should first consult your pediatrics than you should consult us. I can tell you what I did, but that doesn't mean that this is proper in your case as well. my baby also had a colicky pain and I wouldn't stop breastfeeding him, I mean, I didn't do that. why? because a formula may actually worsen it as it's a generic milk for babies, while the formula is made for yours, and yours alone, if you can understand what I am saying. this colicky pain is really annoying, for you and your baby, but it will go away. 

Hi there. There is something that definitely bothers yours from the foods that you are taking. I am not sure that you should really switch to a baby formula, you should find something that really bothers your baby, something that you are eating. You should inform yourself about certain groceries that may bother a baby and eliminate one by one. Until you see what it could be. Generally, some experts also do believe that colic is actually the result of an allergy to milk protein. I think that you can do some test about this, to see what you can change. 

Hello there. I did it and to be honest, I saw no progression. My baby was crying all the time, constantly even three weeks after I switched to a baby formula. I was sure that my milk was not good for him, that something is not as it should be, so I switched to a baby formula without asking my doctor, which was a mistake. I don't even want to tell you what he told me about this. So, don't do that. Anyway, there are those amazing lactase drops, that a lot of parents use and those drops can help with the breakdown of milk lactose. Sure, if you’re concerned, then do seek the advice of a healthcare professional or seek it anyway, if you don't want to have an experience like I did with my doctor. Good luck!

Celebrity

Hello. 

Every baby formula contains several proteins, but you need to know that babies can be allergic to it, even if this is very rare. I know that for the small number of infants who demonstrate an allergy or intolerance to these proteins. But in that case, you also don't need to be worried because there is something that is called a  substitute a soybean protein for those found in milk. Generally, I know that a lot of mom said no to baby formula, for many reasons, but usually, those reasons were demonstrated by the doctors. So, you should ask your doctor what is his opinion about this whole situation. 

As a mom who desperately wanted to find a good formula to prevent a colicky pain in the baby, I would definitely recommend a baby formula. It is a formula that helped me a lot, but also I really don’t recommend switching to an elemental formula if you haven't consult anyone. I did, and this was the best thing in my life. Also, before you switch to baby formula, there are several things that may help. One of those things is changing your bottle system to one that allows less air to be drawn in during feeding like you already know. I know that a lot of moms believe that this is a myth, but it is not.