Hello! My father has recently caught cold. He is at home now taking vitamins, tea and paracetamol. The problem is he likes to drink beer and I can't stop him. I asked him not to take alcohol at least for few days till his condition improves, but he always makes jokes out of it and says that few beers together with paracetamol will help him to get well sooner. Is it dangerous to have some alcohol while taking paracetamol?

Hi! Paracetamol is the most used drug in treatment of fever and pain since it is very safe and doesn't irritate the stomach. I think it is not good to take alcohol with any medicine, even with paracetamol, although it is known as the medicine with no side effects or interactions with other drugs. If your father takes much alcohol and paracetamol it can damage his liver and he should be aware of this possibility. I don't know how serious his intake of alcohol is, but you have to talk with him and see if he needs help.