I am having gum graft surgery done this Thurs due to recession on 2 teeth. My Dentist gave me the option of using freeze-dried cadaver skin or skin from the roof of my mouth. There are pros and cons to each one and I was wondering if anyone had gone through this and could give advice?

Thanks!!!

Go for the Alloderm option. It is medically-prepared donor tissue that gets mixed with your blood plasma. This minimizes the chances of rejection, and is the second best choice to the skin from the roof of your mouth.

Had it done 10 days ago. No pain during procedure, which lasted 45 minutes. Felt a little flu-like for the next 48 hours. Can't chew on the affected side of my mouth for 10-14 days; that's the real pain.

I think this was the nastiest procedure ever!! Lots of pain and it looks disgusting. The Dr. Used the cadaver tissue and it's been close to a week and still feeling discomfort. The actual procedure was a breeze compared to the healing process.... Sorry not a fan!!

I had this done 2 1/2 weeks ago top and bottom on my left side and I am still feeling pain radiating to my ear. My mas feels like it is heavy...I am not feeling very well. Have trouble opening my mouth to eat.

I had a cadaver gum implant lower gum area about 10 weeks ago and now feel low grade discomfort in the gums and a change in the taste of food. Are these typical complications?