I am having gum graft next month (4 teeth). I would like to know what is the post op procedure? Is it extremely painful?

Hey!
No, it is not extremely painful, but it is painful. You will get pain medicine and you should settle at home for couple of days for recuperation. You will experience pain, just take your medicine as directed and everything will turn out good. It is really not that bad as it sounds. Just make sure you have enough liquid nourishment since you will need that post op, because you won’t be able to eat. I lost more than 6 kg! See, in everything bad is something good : )

bleeding was hard to sto

Well gum graft is not such complicated procedure and in most cases it is very helpful for protection of the teeth. Gum recession can happen to anybody and it may damage your teeth quite a bit. Most dentists give you information after they are done with the procedure but I will try to give you few hints what is good for after care. Your diet should be appropriate and you will have to eat only soft foods and avoid hot food. Also if you have any pain during your two week recovery you can get some anti-inflammatory medication or your dentist will prescribe some after the surgery. Also you can eat a lot of ice cream.
Good luck,
Danella

Sleep in an upright position, propped with pillows so your head is elevated higher than your heart. I had zero pain with my graft.