This is now my second gum graft one month following the first one. Again no pain or discomfort at all. The graft was on the lower teeth and my lip was noticeably swollen, but has subsided only 2 days later. Don't hesitate to do this procedure, I'm even planning to have 2 more done next year!

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us.

Thank you for letting us know about how gum grafts aren't so bad! Can you fill us in a little more on the recovery experience? What did you eat while you were recovering? What medications did you take? How long did the procedure take you? IT would be helpful to know other details for people who are nervous about this to help put their minds at rest. Thanks for posting here! It's really helpful.

I think that "Guest" had a great deal of crack cocaine before his/her gum grafting surgery!  I have had this type of surgery 2 different ways.  The first surgery was on the back 4 teeth on my lower jaw.  The doctor took a graft from my palette to suture to my receding gum line.  During the procedure, I felt a lot of pressure as the existing gum tissue is pushed down.  My face and jaw ached as if I had been beaten up along my palette which was excruciatingly painful (and remains the most painful element to the whole procedure!)  Recovery is quite slow but it is worth it.  By the way, my palette has never felt the same.
My second procedure was done on the back 4 teeth on the other side of my jaw The tissue used for the graft was human donor tissue instead of tissue "harvested" from my palette. Though the procedure was the same in most ways, I must say that the pain and swelling are not as bad as the last time.  I am soooo very glad that the whole thing is over.
Eating is a challenge.  Soup, pudding, scrambled eggs, ice cream and such are the order of the day for the first few days.  Your teeth, jaw, and face are all sore and ache. You get used to eating on one side and avoiding the other side VERY fast.  Anything that is hard, such as a pretzel, is not a good idea for a few weeks.  You can eat food that is more difficult to chew just not crunchy things. 
Anyway, all of this is doable and gets better.  That's what you have to remember. ;-)