Hello everyone,

I am suffering from anxiety (self-diagnosed) and I want to do something in order to fix this. I found some info on the internet and I found out about this antidepressant called Wellbutrin as well. I was hoping that someone here might have used it already and could maybe tell me if it is good or not, if this medication alone could help me overcome my anxiety, what do you think? I read about some lifestyle changes which I could conduct but I honestly hope that this medication could do all the work for me, that would be awesome.

It helped me fight my anxiety. Well, not alone, I changed my lifestyle as well, I started to exercise a lot, I used to talk to a psychologist twice a week so Wellbutrin doesn't get all the credit but it definitely helped me. A friend of mine recommended this medication to me actually because it helped him as well when he was suffering from anxiety. He told me that this is antidepressant but it is also considered to be anti-anxiety. I do think that you should talk to your doctor first before taking this medication, that is what I did as well.

My aunt used to take Wellbutrin but it didn't seem to help her much. After some time she switched to some other medication, I forgot its name, and now she is using Lexapro, she said that Lexapro is good for her, definitely better than these past two medications that she used.

You should talk to you doctor first before you take any medications, I mean, you can go ahead and do it without consulting with your doctor first but if anything bad happens to you, you will be the only one to blame (and you might have some awful side effects as well).

Hey there. It depends, every person can react and accept it totally differently. But from my experience with antidepressants Wellbutrin is not for everyone. I remember when my doctor prescribed it to me. I told this to my good friend and she told me that I shouldn't expect too much from it. And really I didn't. I was feeling OK, but not good. I think that anxiety often accompanies depression, so by treating the depression with Wellbutrin it's conceivable that your anxiety would be reduced. But it is not the rule in every case.

So, don't be surprised if you don't get any help from wellbutrin. 

Yeah, I know that the same medication can have different effects on different people, that is why I asked about other people's experiences, I just wanted to check it. I really don't want to talk to a doctor about this so I will just go ahead and try this medication and see what happens. I hope that this one will be good for me but if it turns out that it doesn't work for my anxiety, I'll just switch to some other medication, Lexapro for example, I'll keep switching until I find the one medication that will work good for my anxiety.

I just can't believe that there are still those people who believe that some medicine can help them very fast. No! That is not true. You should know that every type of medication needs about three to five weeks to really take hold and to see some progress. I would like to suggest you to go to visit your Dr up to speed on your progress every week and to see how far you come in your treatment. You also need to have positive attitude, because medicines can help for sure, but trust me, a good positive attitude and "belief" in feeling better is stronger and more effective than any kind of medication. This was my motto and I had success with Wellbutrin. It helped me.

It takes time to see any kind of results. The same thing is with Wellbutrin. But not for everyone, of course. Now, I personally don't have experience with this medicine but my good friend was using it. I remember that he told me that this medicine should be combined with something such as psychotherapy because that is the only way for you to see some results. It can;t help you alone because it is not that powerful, or it can help you but it needs time for it.

So you should consult to your doctor always when it comes about any type of medicine. 

I am glad to hear that this medicine was helpful in several cases, but I need to tell you that Wellbutrin was originally manufactured as an anti-depressant, but after a while it has been recognized for its anti-anxiety benefits. Now, I was reading a lot about it and I have heard that some people have reported great success with it for this reason, where as others have only had limited relief from their anxiety. But I still believe that there are so many better medicines than this one. I am not the smartest person when it comes to this because I really have tried a lot of anti - depressants, but think again. I think that you should find better one.