From what I will get more benefits Azaspirones or Benzodiazepines? Which medication helped with your anxiety? I need something that would be effective for my anxiety. I haven’t been diagnosed but I know I have a problem. I was hoping that some of these meds could calm the symptoms.

Yes they can calm your symptoms, but the best way to heal your anxiety would be to correct the underlying cause of your symptoms though. You know ….meds does not do that, it only helps you to focus more positively and relax. Azaspirones is a class of drug effective in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Benzodiazepines are highly effective against panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and social phobia. Medication that helped me with anxiety is Klonopin.

Xanax works best for me. It's not a daily preventive med rather an in the moment met. I don't like taking daily meds and well I only have issues once a week when I'm having them and then go weeks with no problems at all.

I agree with the other person that said change your life. Clearly something is amiss. Fix it.

Hello! Just wanted to put my story out there, because I've hit rock bottom - and I know how it feels when you're there. YOU WILL GET BETTER!!! I've had a ton of experience with anxiety and depression of my own -- everything from thinking I had cancer or a brain tumor or Parkinson's Disease to not being able to leave my couch because of being scared for no reason. There is hope! I am back to my life - and completely normal in my marriage and work - and totally happy! I've been on Paxil for a good 8 years now, however, tried to get off the right way. After getting off (weaned myself off for 10 weeks using liquid), things were going well. Then a few weeks after that, I lost it and flipped. Almost had to be hospitalized, etc. Got back on Paxil and started with Psychotherapy -- and now things are perfect again, and have been for over a year now. Get medicine if you need it. Don't feel bad about taking it. It's like being Diabetic -- if you NEED medicine, you NEED medicine. You'll get better! I promise! : )

Best med to take for severe anxiety is diazepam 5mg's 3 times a day. Then combine that with 20mg's citalopram a day to stop panick attacks from playing you up. Also zyprexa 10mg's at night so that you sleep really cosy and will stop troubled forts which can be very worrying. These can all be got from your doc and although you will be highly medicated it will be the closest to a anxiety free life you will ever get if you have severe acute anxiety with panick and unusual forts. You mite think well i only have anxiety but anxiety severe enough will cause panic and your forts will soon be about oh my god whats happening to me? Am i dying. Good luck. Hope i helped.

Azapirones are new drugs that are actually intended for anxiety disorders. They work best for the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder or GAD, particularly alleviating the signs or symptoms.Click here for more info

*****

*edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed**

The medications that helped me the most were valium and seroquel.

Valium is too addictive though and the doctor wouldn't prescribe me anymore, and the seroquel made me sleep all day so I stopped taking it.

While you are finding out the meds that work best, I would suggest that you try the following. This would help you reduce the drug intake and even stop it all together -

1) This is called "one-step" technique and is very popular. You can do this yourself, and experience the difference.

2) A technique called - Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT). You will very likely start seeing some results in 4 to 5 sessions, and if you're lucky to get a good therapist, you'll really feel good. You have trained practitioners in US,Europe and probably Australia.

Cheers

One replied it is better to deal with the sourse of your anxiety rather than take medication. For myself I totaly disagree! That is much easier said than done. If it is at all possible to deal with your problems without meds that is great, but you can't judge someone elses situation. My medication was a lifesaver for me.