Good day. I was diagnosed with depression for several years now. I live with it successfully, but because of medications that I am using. I remember that my doctor asked me how I would like to be treated and I told him that I want to have packing of medicines in my bag all the time. So, he prescribed cymbalta for treating my depression. I became addicted to cymbalta because it was really helpful to me. Anyway, now my doctors says that it is time to change it. He told me about certain options, but he wants to prescribe wellbutrin. I am scared of changes, but maybe this will be ok. So, I want to hear your opinion. Has anyone gone from cymbalta to wellbutrin or vise versa for treating depression?

I tried both of these medications and neither one seemed to help me. My doctor prescribed me with Wellbutrin and I had been using it for about two months when I decided to change because I wasn't noticing any progress at all. Then I went to talk to my doctor again and he prescribed Cymbalta this time. It was the same story all over again, I was using Cymbalta for about a month and a half and then I realized that this one wasn't any good for me either. Then I went back to my doctor who prescribed me with Lexapro and this one worked for me.

Hey there. Yes, I do have experience with cymbalta and with wellbutrin as well. There was one period in my life when I was using both of it at the same time. I don't know why, but I remember that my doctor told me that I should start using wellbutrin so I did. But I still had cymbalta, so I started to combine it. And you know what I have find out - that they work well together and are very effective if taken in the correct dosage. I am not saying that you should do it, maybe you should consult your doctor. I mean, you should. For sure. 

So, you are basically telling me that this another one is better than my cymbalta? And you really use it together? I would never do that, not because I don't want to, but because I am scared to experiment with medications. Now, I don't know what to think since you are not the first one dear Mathilda who told me that those medicines were not helpful. That is why I am scared - I was using cymbalta and I found it very good. I think that other medications won't be that good for me anymore. Should I say my doctor that I don't want to use any other medicine? What to do?

No, don't do that! That is very silly advice Stressed or Depressed. I really don't know what you wanted to achieve with this comment. Are you aware that a lot of people who are diagnosed with depression will try to use both - cymbalta and wellbutrin believing that combination of these two medications will chase the depression away faster than one medication?

That is false, so don't do that.

I was using wellbutrin and I didn't have any success with it. It didn't work for me, so I asked my doctor to change therapy for me. I don't have experience with cymbalta, but I don't understand why your doctor wants to change therapy for you if cymbalta is working just fine in your case?  

Cymbalta worked for me, I was quite satisfied even though I didn't really expect to see any results. I wouldn't really go and try to combine medications, I have never done it before but I think that it can be extremely dangerous so please don't do that, unless you want to end up in a hospital with your life in danger.

I don't really know anything about wellbutrin, Cymbalta was my first medication, the first one that I tried for depression and it really showed good results so I didn't have the need to try any other medications for this matter.

Cymbalta did good for me but I got addicted to it as well. I mean, I think that I didn't really get addicted to it but my doctor said that it is best to change my prescription medication because I can easily become addicted if I was not already because I was using it for quite some time already. He gave me another medication, I don't remember which one was it because I didn't really take it, I thought that I was already doing well enough and that I didn't need to take any more medications and it seems like I was right.

Guess that I am not the only one who started to be addicted to Cymbalta. I was thinking that I am the only one, but guess not. I just was not able to stop using it. It did good for me, but I noticed that I just can't cope with the fact that sometimes I won't use it. It was pure addiction. I don't have experience with wellbutrin at all, so I can't talk about it. Anyway, that thing about combining the medications can be extremely dangerous. Doctors won't let you do that, so don't even try. It can cause a lot of side - effects, it can be very harmful. Seek for the best medication, try one and than try another one. Don't combine them, please.

You should just go ahead and start using Wellbutrin. You will see if it is good for you pretty soon, nobody can really tell you if this medication can be good for you because it might work for some people and for some it might not, you can't really know for sure until you try it, if you are already addicted to Cymbalta, it is necessary for you to stop using it and start using some other medication.

When it comes to the talk about combining antidepressants, just don't do it, don't even think about it because that can be really dangerous.