Hi, I am 23 years old male and I have very big problem. I have a girl for few months and everything was just fine till several last days. She told me that she is not feeling well and that her doctor ordered her to make blood tests on hepatitis c. I was shocked when she told me that her results are positive. I would like to know about contraction of hepatitis c trough sex.

Hi, unfortunately hepatitis c, same as hepatitis b may be transmitted during a sexual act. There are measures which may prevent this infection like using of condom but you can't be 100% sure that you are not infected even if you were using condom. However sexual way is not only way by which hepatitis c may be transmitted. It may be transmitted by infected needles, infected blood or during surgical operations.

Gonzales, Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B are two very different diseases. Hepatitis C is NOT an STD. Hepatitis B is.

Hepatitis C is very RARELY spread through intercourse, that is why it is not considered an std. Where as Hep B can be spread through vaginal fluids as well as sperm. Hep C can ONLY be spread through BLOOD.

So, you do need to be careful, not share razors, toothbrushes etc. and not have sex when she is on her cycle. Other than that you can have sex with her just use protection like you already should be doing. A lot of people have Hep C and don't realize it. Even more of those people have Hep C and have no clue where they got it from. (no drug use etc.)