How are HEP C and B spread? Are there chances to get HEP C and B from sexual encounters? Though I use protection I am very concerned about hep. I am dating a guy who had both hep B and C couple of years ago. I really like him; I don’t know what to do.

Hepatitis B and hepatitis C are spread in many of the same ways, but Blood is still the main way these viruses are spread, and, as we will learn later, they are also found in other body fluids. You can get hepatitis B or C if you share any kind of needles, for tattooing, body piercing, acupuncture, shots for health reasons, or illegal drugs. Sex is also a way that hepatitis B and C can be spread. Condom use during sexual encounters will help to decrease the risk of hepatitis B, although hand washing is an important first line prevention to protect transmission of most viruses.

Can you catch Hep C from Kissing ?